Sign in to follow this  

The past few days here....

As most of you, I have been very motivated with FS, especially in the bush sector. I am always scouting out new things and trying little things to make my sceneries and repaints just a little bit better. I have dedicted thousands of hours of my free time to do so. After seeing all this that has happened in the past 48 hours, the air has been sucked right out of my sails. I really could care less now. I know the bad are a minority and as much as I have said to others to ignore it, I'm not one to do that. I hate stupidity with a passion. I will not be in these forums for a while. I am going to stay in the forums on my site and my site only. I am tired of this idiot continuously harping on a topic over and over and over again. Last week was a dream here. This week it's Damian in the virtual world. I can't take it anymore. You all have fun with him. Looks like this is the begining of the end for me. I don't and WE don't need this. I have been told by many, when it stops being fun, quit. I am there.Don

It is a shame that a minority seems to be insistent on winding up everyone else up. Unfortunately if you go then it is one less "sane voice" against the loony(s).....I know where you are at !!!

Hey Don :)You got a forum on your site ?Wait one minute I get my things lol :) Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Lizardo

Every planet has their peasants; what can I say?

Guest SoarPics

Hi Don,There was a time when I would have worked hard to change your mind. But seeing some of the nonsense that has been occurring in these forums lately, I don't fault you. It is indeed embarrassing. I hope you don't mind that I still enjoy your fine work, and know that I'll be thinking about you and your efforts while I make an approach into any number of your amazing bush sceneries.Thanks for the fun,P.S.-- Any room in your forums for one who simply enjoys flightsimming?

Guest Heather 636

Sorry to see you go Don.I know I myself have been tempted to do the same in the past but I just finally got mad and said to myself, "To hell with them."Unless AVSIM asks me to leave or I get a cease and desist order from an actual copyright holder upon whom I have infringed, then I'm not going anywhere.I have just got to the point that I may look at a "flame" post once or twice and once the crap gets rolling, I just don't step in it anymore; preferring to reserve my visits to posts where I may be of more help. It's an old-fashoined concept called "Ignoring them."Best wishes to you Don in whatever you do. You know who your friends are and where to find them.Cheers!Heather

Guest Twister

Hi Don,Please don't quit ! Your contributions are highly respected on this forum, I know I am speaking on behalf of the silent majority by saying that.There are useless morons in every place, the world is NOT perfect...If the good, decent, honest and positive people get discouraged by insignificant remarks - what will happen in this forum?Please reconsider !Twister

Too bad this forum doesnt have the ability to ROT13 folks whose stupidity is simply too irritating. PLONK is the usenet term!I've gotten to where there are a handful of people whose posts I simply dont read because its usually something stupid.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Twister post is very true.Also I believe - A forum is a place where others can also express their opinions - in a polite language - therefore if somebody has a different opinion to what we believe - is fine - - most come accross this soon or later - .Ray

Whoa folks!!! I didn't say I was quitting..yet. I just won't be in these forums. I need time to calm down again. This has me worked up right now. I know I will be back, but I need to get away from it. I have no problem with people of different opinions. Never have, never will. BUT if it isn't delivered properly, it becomes more then an opinion. I dislike people on self pronounced causes too. Don Quixote needn't be running thru the forums defending airlines rights when we are talking about a game. These folks are artists in every way. they never claimed the rights to the logos in question. BUT the bmp that it is on is theirs and theirs alone. That gives them the right to do as they please with it as authors. Nobody has the right to take that bmp. The logos of companies and especially airlines is theirs and so far they enjoy our using them for the hobby. But how it became one mans quest in here is beyond me. Why start trouble amongst the peaceful? If this is the "wave of the future", everyone better learn Paint Shop Pro and GMax. Your own planes will be the only planes if this man or others like him continues to surface.Don

And here I was "patiently" waiting for the return of your old Alaskan bush logo......................... bummmer! :)L.Adamson

To DonI have been thinking Why in Most sport does companys pay money to people to use their Logo's?I have a Logo that is on Mike site ,I did not know it was there ,when i found MY Logo On his Site (without my Permission)I was Really PROUD to have it there and Real Glad for the FREE advertising.LOGO's are A "ADVERT" they are not a Piece of Private art the Company wants to hide and make money with, logo is COpyrigted to protect the Fact that People do not use It to advertise there Own Product And in doing this "STeal" there advertising Or Make People belive that the New user of Logo is in fact the Real original company "Deseption"I Feel Angry towards certain people But I have no Doubt really in my mind what is right and wrong ,I am going through the Bad Time with people like you and Mike and Heather and the rest because the few people Who although Think they are correct can not see common scence over their own image on this forum and will not move on.A rest is good ,you return a little stronger and Just like you, I Love this place and the People here and I am Finding it Very hard to let go ,THanks to support of all the great people in it .So This is how it is ,this is how it will always be ,and if we all take good care of each other I hope good times will return and Warm to each other will Win and We can all get along.If not Then we will Just all drift back into the dark from where we came.Now I go paint planes :)Anniette .......Extra Big Kisses :)

Guest SD Sim

I've gotten to where there are a handful of people whose posts I simply dont read because its usually something stupid.And this, for me at least, is the key. I still like to visit this forum on a regular basis, and occasionally lend my less than expert advice. I have also learned whose opinions I respect, and I have learned what names I can completely ignore, to the point where I don't even bother to read their posts. The only person this ends up hurting is the offending poster, who may need advice that I could offer, but will never get it because I don't read their post.While I don't think that revenge has a proper place in our society, this attitude on my part does give me a certain degree of satisfaction. If a person is routinely ignored by the masses, sooner or later they go away.

>I am tired of this idiot continuously harping on a topic over and over and over againyou know, I am more the silent type here. I've never stolen any ones artwork, and I certainly don't condone it. But calling someone an idiot just because he has a different opinion is out of line. It serves no purpose but to rally the "troops".And this thread is going to start it all over again. This forum should be renamed "woe is me"goodness already. Can we please get on with it?

Good to see you're still with us.We're with you, but I think you knew that already.