Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgreenwood

Pocono PA airports?

HelloI am looking for any airports or scenery located in this area of PA that anyone has made or plans too. Northeastern PA, Northwestern, NJ is a beautiful area around the deleware water gap.The only files i see are those of Harrisburg and Philly International. I dont have the FSSE program nor the hardrive space to accomodate it, but just wanted some simple ports and scenery for this area....TIA. :D=Wing=

Guest GPan

I agree it's a beautiful area. While I don't know of any airport scenery being available, I do recommend FSGenesis Appalachians & Northeast terrain upgrade(38.2m - www.FSGenesis.com). It really makes the Delaware Water Gap appear the way it looks in real life. Now if only a scenery wiz could fix route 80 and get it out of the mountain, and fix the Delaware river "dry spot" it would really look sharp.

I too live in Northeast PA and would love a nice scenery of this area. I tried FSGenesis PANJ scenery with FS2000 where I was getting an average of 15-20 FPS. It slowed my machine down to 1-2 FPS. I had to take it off. I'm afraid to try it with FS2002 figuring it will run too slow. Regards, Tom

Guest GPan

The files I recommended are mesh terrain upgrades, so you can adjust the amount of effect through the sliders if it slows down your FPS too much. I would also recommend FS Landclass file Country Kit 2 (www.fssharecenter.com/fslandclass)which really improves the look of the auto gen & scenery. This file does however slow down the FPS somewhat, so depending on the speed of your machine, you may not find it beneficial. With these few enhancements, I can really recognize the Pocono mountain area that I have known for over 30 years! Give it a try.

Guest sgreenwood

Hello wingnut,I can't tell from your post whether you are interested only in scenery or in terrain mesh as well. I can provide a bit more information about mesh for your area.>The only files I see are those of Harrisburg ...I am assuming that this refers to the 30m Harrisburg mesh I uploaded to the Avsim File Library. It is a sample from my East Coast CD, which includes all of the US east of W84 (Detroit area). This data can be used directly from the CD, so drive space is no problem, although initial loading of the data from CD is slower.As for future plans, I am currently finishing up 10m mesh for the entire state of NY, and plan to develop NJ next - I already have the data. I have not made any decision about PA yet; 10m coverage is very spotty but does seem to include much of the Pocono region, and I do already have a lot of that 10m data as well...link to map of 10m data available from USGSRegards,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com