Sign in to follow this  

"IFR Cancelled" message again!!!

Does anyone know the reason of this message? It's coming up on every flight i make! Even if I'm always correcting the altimeter (with the B key) and maintaining my flight level, there's always a moment of my flight where i got this horrendous message "American Pacific 1123 IFR flight plan cancelled". I always check my correct altitude using the information on SHIFT+Z, and even though my altitude is absolutely correct, ATC cancels my flight plan. First it sends about 3 messages saying I'm 300 feet below my assigned altitude and asks me to expedite my climb to my assigned flight level, then it cancels it.Is there any way to correct it, or avoid it?Cheers!

Guest gasebah

When crossing 16000 ft set your altimeter to standard (29.92) and do not, I repeat do not adjust your altimeter.:-)Alex

Just that???I was trying to follow the altimeter settings ATC gave me... liers!!! lolThanks a lot

Actually once you pass I believe 18000' they will no longer tell you the current altimeter.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

No wonder why when i leave Salzburg to Paris, I arrive in Charles de Gaule still withthe Frankfurt altimeter.

If you have FSUIPC you can assign a key to set altimeter to 29.92.I use the Delete key to set altimeter above 18,888 feet and the B key below 18,000 feet.

>I always check my correct altitude using the >information on SHIFT+Z, and even though my altitude is >absolutely correct, ATC cancels my flight plan. >>First it sends about 3 messages saying I'm 300 feet below my >assigned altitude and asks me to expedite my climb to my >assigned flight level, then it cancels it. >>Is there any way to correct it, or avoid it? BINGO! Never rely on SHIFT-Z Alt. reading when above 18k.. Use the reading on your instruments, as you adjust yourself to 29.92 from the "real" pressure the difference in those two numbers will increase..So check your Altitude on your Mini or Normal Panel for correct Alt. readout..