Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD TURBOPROPS

Hi all,,, I got to hand to you all for your work here on AvSim!!!!!!!I'm looking for more turbo props!!!! I love these air craft!!!!Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can find some more????I realy like the twins! I'll even take the oddities!!! Keep up the good work, all of you!!!The "Fueler" at KROCfuelerguy

I found a good Fokker 50 package on Flightsim.com with a virtual cockpit and everything. Also there's a very good ATR with sharp VC, I think it's available at AVSIM

Guest SoarPics

This would be a good place to start:http://www.fsd-international.comTheir Piper Cheyenne is great... the flight dynamics are outstanding.Also, you might do a search here at the Avsim library. There are literally hundreds of files covering entire aircraft, panels, repaints, and flight dynamics for turbo-props. Enough to keep you busy, and giddy, for quite awhile.Have fun,

Shortly, Simubuild may be releasing an MU2 on their site. Quite a few screenshots were posted about 6-8 weeks ago, and it looks very good. Check www.simubuild.com from time to time--the site is still not active, but as soon as they get some things squared away, I believe the MU2 will become reality...

Guest BMarcoux

As well as PSS Dash-8 will be out soon. Great news on the Dash-7. Looking forward to it.

Guest PhilipManwaring

Also, Oleksiy's superb Dash-8 is available from Avsim. Amazing panel, dynamics, systems modelling and the best set of sounds I've ever heard.

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Fueler!There's another that I didn't see anybody mention and let me tell you that it caught my attention enough that it has not only stayed in my active hangar, but I also plan on doing a repaint or two of it.That's the Convair CV-580 - Purolator CourierFile Description:Convair CV-580 Cargo Version Repaint Package: Repaint of Purolator's Convair CV-580 Cargo Version: Aircraft ID: C-CKFF Tail Number 511. By Paul H. Nicholls at AeroDynamic Designs. This is a Complete aircraft with CV-580 panel and turbine sound package. This model has a working Door and Air Stairs! This Convair is owened and operated by Kelowna Flightcraft in Kelowna BC Canada. The Real Photo that is in this package of this Purolator Convair was taken by Rob Rindt at the Airport in Kelowna BC. This is a perfect A1 Aircraft. Aircraft Model by: Greg Pepper. (MR)Filename: pur_con_580.zip License: Freeware Added: 14th August 2002 Downloads: 94 Author: Paul Nicholls Size: 20415kb http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...hor=&CatID=RootFor me to recommend a turbo-prop, it has to REALLy be good because I generally don't like turbo-props, the big radials being my cup of tea. But something about this one, along with superb modeling really caught me. Very nice airplane. Now, can somebody point me in the direction of one JUST like it except for passenger service?Cheers!Heather

As Soarpics said the FSD Cheyenne is the way to go. It is the only turboprop with correct asymetrical thrust for single engine practice. Those guys bent a few of Microsoft's rules to get it right but they did get it right. You will not find a better more realistic turboprop aircraft for FS2002. And they just released an update to tweak it even further. Try it and you will not be disapointed.Ken

Guest Milton

The Dash 7 is now available at AVSIM.Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :-)Milton

Don mentioned that "If all goes as planned, the Dash 7 will be up tomorrow!"It was uploaded here at Avsim just a little while ago. It should be available very soon! Here's a sneak peek, I'll post a few more in the screenshot forum.

Guest SoarPics

Hi, Ken, nice to hear from you again.Your post reminded me about the prop disc drag that Steve Small modeled into the .air file of the Cheyenne. It is light years ahead of any other prop I've flown in FS (though I am a long way from trying ALL of them available for this sim). The Cheyenne gets my nod as a complete package.Regards,

Good day to you too Greg. It will take something pretty amazing to pry me out of the Cheyenne. It is just too good and still suprises me with the level of detail that went into the flight model. I do 80-90% of my flights in it now. I went so far as to install dual throttles and dual prop levers to fly it correctly. Well worth the $17.50 I paid for this plane.Brian, that -7 looks nice! Is that air LIAT livery I see? I'll have to check it out.Ken