Sign in to follow this  

Heads Up - Eurowings Professional

Guest Thomas K

From the screenshots and product info, I get the impression that the A319 included in the package is not as detailed as the PSS A320. I may be wrong, but it seems to be that because the package includes more than just one aircraft, the level of detail in each individual aircraft panel is compromised for variety. The FMCs for example, uses the stock FMC of the DF737.Thomas

This may be true but from what I heard you can still enjoy going through the full checklists. So all the upper/lower panels are not just dummy bitmaps. Don't know anything about the Airbus, don't plan on using one anyway. But even if there was not a single airplane in the box it still gives me 6 great airports for roughly $7 per airport. Considering that some have audacity to charge $20 for a single airport these days I would think creators of this Eurowings package deserve round of applause.Michael J.

I've bought this because I wanted the sceneries - most notably the Paris CDG. That's because they're designed by Stefan Breuer - who created a fantastic Amsterdam Schipol and Paris CDG for FS98. Plus it is the IADG Avro RJ - which has been remade in GMAX - because the old FSDS model was a frame-rate hog. Add to that there are paintkits included for all the aircraft, and repaints can be posted via their website.http://www.btinternet.com/~rob.corp/images/sig.jpg

>I may be wrong, but it seems to be that because the package includes >more than just one aircraft, the level of detail in each individual >aircraft panel is compromised for variety. The FMCs for example, >uses the stock FMC of the DF737.What do you mean by compromised ? Because its not as good as PSS its a compromise ? I don't understand this.If you look at all that is included in this package, I can't see how one doesn't see this is a good value for the money.Any one part of it doesn't have to be the best. If it were they'd be right to charge a higher price for the overall package.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this in the old Eurowings Professional forum that mentioned that the RJ is a completely new dsign by a different designer not related to IADG. Anyhow, my copy just arrived in the mail, so I'm happy. Too bad I won't have a computer to use it with until mid October when all my stuff arrives here in Germany. :'(Misha

Hi,I've been playing around with Eurowings for the past few days, so here are some first impressions - pros and cons - for what it's worth.First, you get quite a lot for what sells in Europe for

I don't have the product yet (waiting for the English edition) but I suspect your review is spot on. Like you said the Airbus is probably the weakest link here but ATR & BAe are likely very good. For those who adore hand-flying and short-hops (and I belong to this category) it may be a "must" indeed.Michael J.

Sascha,while I agree with you by 99% and with the airbus mostly as well, there is something to mention: The Airbus in fact HAS some aspects with his flight dynamics, which are very much Airbus-specific. The FDE features fly-by-wire aspects such as pitch- and bank-angle protection, alpha protection and auto-trim. As far as the PSS FMC is concerned it couldn

Guest Thomas K

When I say that the detail in each panel is compromised, I mean exactly that: because there are 4 aircraft in the package, the developer's focus isn't on any one particular aircraft, but on all 4 and so the level of detail on each aircraft is being compromised. If you want variety, then without doubt, get this product. The point being, if you are interested in only the Airbus, I would suggest the PSS A320 or the upcoming A320 PIC. As the review below by Sascha confirms.Thomas

>on any one particular aircraft, but on all 4, thus the level >of detail on each aircraft is compromised. This may apply to Airbus only. The detail on ATR and BAe is not "compromised" because there may not be a better ATR/BAe around in the FS world. Michael J.

Guest Thomas K

Yep I must admit, the ATR and BAE does look rather nice!