Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

Thank you Team 7 for the Dash 7!!!

I just spent the last hour trying out the new plane. I love it! Looks great and flies great and I can't argue the price. I will be spending plenty of time in this one. Looking forward to more creations from you guys. Thanks again!

Hey Gang!I Concur! This aircraft is very nice and very well done. Another magnificent contribution to our hobby! I can't wait to see this bird in the Bahamasair colors.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Great Screen shots :) make it look good enough to eat ,I mean Paint :)Anniette xxxxxxxxx

Guest Dominik Mann

Got to agree as well :D ...another gem to fly and have fun with! Guess M$'s airplane builders are now sitting in front of their 'puters open-mouthed and wondering what dedicated freelance designers made of their simulation!

Anniette,Is that all you can think about, is painting these models? ;) Everyone else talks about how nice they fly and how they look and function and you just want to paint them. Got to love it, lucky for us, you enjoy it so much. :-jumpy Looking forward to what you can do with this bird.

Help,It's the weekend and I'm so looking forward to flying this baby. Thanks for all your great efforts in creating this. I wish I had all your skills and patience.I have installed it as per usual and everything comes up in the display windows. However, after I select 'Fly Now', the sim automatically closes and returns to the desktop. This is the only plane that does this out of my 48...Do any of you guys and girls have any idea why this could be. Do I need to turn off any display feature to get past the 'Fly Now' screen and into the Sim?Any help to get me into the cumulus will be much appreciated.:-beerchugCheers,Moth.EGLL

Guest Milton

Ouch! Moth!What video card are you running? What Directx version? At least 8.0?If its an older Voodoo, you may try one of the optional texture formats available right here at AVSIM.There are three: 8 bit, 16 bit, and 32 bit with reflections.Filenames are dhc78.zip, dhc716.zip, and dhc732.zip.I would recomment the 8 bit first and if that works, (Yeah!) then try the 16 bit.These are skin textures only and not a full replacement for the 3 liveries. Just unzip and pop these into the existing folders to overlay the DXT3 skins.Hope this helps. Let us know. :-)Milton

Milton,Thanks for your response. I have a Leadtek Winfast Ti4400 128mb graphic card.I have DirectX 8.1 too.Will I need to d'load these optional textures as a result of this particular card?Many thanksMothEGLL(I'll respond later as I got to go to the movies now with the girlfriend!)

Guest Dominik Mann

...well, not to the plane itself actually. Is there any FS 2002-compliant scenery for that airfield at Courchevel, as depicted in the documentation? Sure would like to give it a try after humming back and forth over Greenland today :-) .Cheers,

Guest Milton

Moth,I seriously doubt that this is a texture issue. Sounds more like either a panel sound issue or a stereo/mono combination issue.Do you have (OldModules) section in your FS2002.cfg with FSSound.dll=1?Some nicer sound cards may also experience issues with mixing stereo and mono sounds depending on the setup. You might try deactivating the sounds to see if the crash still occurs. If so, then we will need to provide an alternate set of sounds converted to all stereo or all mono.Edited after seeing your other post regarding crashes when flying anything after 8 minutes:It could be that your other problem is pronounced with the Dash 7 due to its size. How does your system respond to other "heavily-sized" aircraft?Let me know please. :-)Milton