Sign in to follow this  

real air SF260, THE best !

I'm normally very reluctant to 'buy' planes for fs2002.Most of the time they aren't better than freeware, especially if you look at miltons dash-7 :-)Furthermore I'm really not a big fan of flying around with slow single engined planes. (slow, because I'm used to fly with 145kts as the absolute minimum with full flaps and gear down.)But the SF260 changed it all.I've NEVER had so much fun and flown such a incredible realistic plane in ANY sim.For me IL2 had a nice spinning model and x-plane as well.But what rob, sean and peter have achieved is simply the most immersive total flying experience in any flightsim to date.The visuals, fm and sounds are so perfectly matched that the feel of flying a single engine high performance prop aircraft is absolutely there.Since days I'm now almost exclusively flying this perfect plane.Stalling, spinning , cruzing, aerobatics, IFR, regardless what you do with the SF260, it's perfect.If you are reluctant to buy a plane, like I was (I HAD to buy it, because I'm always curious about fms Rob does ;-) ), just buy this one and you will be convinced.The 'as real as it gets' slogan finally has become true! Bernt Stolle Capt CRJ

Hi Bernt,Well I never ever thought that we would produce any aircraft which you considered even flyable let alone "perfect"!I'm especially appreciative that you should mention cruising and IFR, because the Sf260 of course was not just intended as the first FS aircraft to be able to spin, and do aerobatics, but also to cruise, with manual trimming or with autopilot as well as any comparable GA aircraft available.Many Thanks!Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Hi Rob,>Well I never ever thought that we would produce any aircraft which you considered even flyable let alone "perfect"!My previous critisism was, that despite your planes beeing always very close to reality,they where just lacking the required responsiveness, strictly IMO of course.Something one can't say about the sf260 :-) :-)Sure our objectiveness suffered as our discussions became a bit personal over the time ;-)Regards and all the best for your CJ1,looking very much forward to it.Bernt Stolle Capt CRJ

BerntThis is the worst medium for communication there is as script is so faceless and there are no expressions to see.It is an easy medium for misunderstandings, misinterpretation and frayed tempers.Bernt great to here from you and I hope all is well in your Real World flying as well as virtual.Best wishesPeter

Like Adamson , I own the SF.260 and I've been following the different posts in this forum about the SF.260Now I must say that I cannot imagine how a customer cannot be satisfied with the SF.260.Yes I'm proud to own the plane and the makers can be proud of their "craftmanship". I use that expression because they have worked over a year on it (6000 hours says Rob Young)and one can feel the love and infinite care they put into the making of the plane.Frankly, I will nerver get bored of saying it : everyone need absolutely to get that plane whenever you get the opportunity to.RealAir Simulation team did a pure wonder.nadege

Hello Bernt,Being a beginner in the pilots world with only double digit hrs experiences from PA28 it's really nice to get confirmed from professional pilots the feelings I have for this excellent airplane.It gives to me lot of real flying feeling and experience, ok virtual I admit, and it's easy also for a beginner to realize and imaging how different the various types of single engine single pilot aeroplanes are in reality.Have to confess, I tried to take off and land without reading the owners manual just using the usual Cherokee drill - and guess what, yes I failed miserably (but survived) :-)My best commercial add-on so far !!Thanks,RegardsTommy PerssonESMH

Goes to show that striving for perfection, and, yes, looking at the negatives of what is (remember, Adamson?), gets you to a better place.RealAir, you should have another customer in the next few days. Not just because of this post, but because the apparently spotless performance, in all respects, of your team so far.

Hi Peter,But at least our discussions made us know each other a bit better ;-)Virtual flying is thanks to your SF260 perfect.Real life flying is for the time beeing a bit nerve rattling our first 2 CRJs are leaving next spring, the remaining 2 next winter andthe austrian airlines group is basically bancrupt.But we'll see. As you know, planning further than 2 weeks in aviation business doesn't make sense ;-)Best regards and all the bestBernt Stolle Capt CRJ

Guest JeffB

I really love the virtual cockpit. I'm sold on it now...But, a couple of things...1. Can you add a GPS coupling for the NAV? I know this plane is for stunts, but, I really like it as well, for GA aircraft. It's very realistic. I'd like to fly via GPS.2. There seems to be a problem with the panel lights. When I fly at night especially, I click on 'Nav' lights and 'Landing' lights, it seems to toggle the panel lights dim and bright.I can't always see the panel.EXCELLENT WORK!!!What is the next aircraft? I can't wait!Jeff

There is a section in the documents for GPS coupling, but I'll make it easy and print it here.Please note the SF260 does not have a GPS/NAV toggle switch on the panel, since the real aircraft doesn

Guest JeffB

I read the readme, and now that you mention it, I do remember something along those lines...I'll surely give this a try!The lighting, well, I still think something isn't quite right here...I'll test and give more info...I do remember having the panel lights on, then turning on the Landing lights. The panel lights stayed at the same intensity, then, I hit the Nav Lights...the panel lights go dim...But, I'm going on memory...Jeff

Hi Jeff,Let me take you throught the lights. First, to get our atmospheric backlit gauges, please make sure Multi Textures and Landing Lights are enabled in your FS2002 display settings.Whilst flying at late dusk or night, press "L" to switch the global lights on. This will give you strobes, red and green nav lights (visible from the virtual cockpit wing view) and panel lights. With this global setting the backlit gauges are there but won't show that well because they are overcome by the floodlit panel light.Now press SHIFT L to turn off the panel floodlight and you'll see the back light on the gauges. Because of the limited default busses in FS2002 we linked the gauge backlights to the Landing Lights. The dimming is seen because power is drawn from the same source.You can now switch on/off the gauge backlighting by toggling the CONTROL L (landing light) switch. Once you get used to it - it will become second nature.Hope this explains everything to your satisfaction.Best Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Thanks Shrink!In the meantime I'm consulting my latin scholar friends to puzzle over: In girum imus nocte et consumimur igniWhich I suspect is an improvised saying of your own, but I'm not sure what!Best Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations