Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Thank you to Jeffcole

I have Been reading all your Replys and comments for the past few days and It has been very interesting :)I have now realised what all the people who took the trouble to mail me with there Kind words were telling me .I guess you have to find out yourself as I did not understand what they were saying to me completly.You Jeff and people like you have made me realise what is important and your attitude I have learned from .If I wish to make paints I will make them ,I will share them with people if I want to and I will reply to posts If I feel a need .If people use my textures without my permission I will tell everybody (as Avsim said I should do) and If I read posts and see your commments and people like you I shall disregard them ,and look for the comments of people I respect and admire. I shall enjoy the works of others and tell them how much I like there work and I shall defend the people I have come to love from people who come to upset them.In Fact I shall like you, do what the hell I like ,but I will do it my way and maintain my own Standard to enjoy,share and do no harm to People who mean no harm.I am sorry I have been too slow to realise all this but now I have I am Just going to continue what I have always done and Make lots of paints for people who want them and Try to be a good friend to them who want me and make lots more friends :)This is the best site I have ever seen and keeps the best people and I consider it home ,so a few mice in the basement I learn to live with :)There is no need to reply to this :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxx

Salut Aniette,This is the most mature attitude anyone can have, and hopefully everyone here will put it into practice.It is important to remember that this is only a game, a hobby, a pastime. It should be enjoyable.This is not the real world with all its violence and hate, and there is no need to bring all of that here.Courage.Luis

I'm with you Anniette. We'll never get rid of the mice, but it is nice to have cats around when you need them. :)Welcome back! :) :) :)Don

Well done Anniette,Spoken like a true honorary "Aussie" (that's "Australian" to those who don't know) and they are a plucky lot who brook no sh...evil from anyone.Good on you Anniette glad to see that you are coming back with your liveries.From a True Blue Aussie - welcome back to doing what you and I enjoy the pleasure of doing - texture painting for the "Majority" of the simming world.Garry J. Smith at http://www.gjsmith.comAircraft Texture Tinkererhttp://www.gjsmith.com/images/GJS-banner.gif

Hiya Alfa,Thumbs up to you...This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Wow, Alfa!Welome home, darlin!(from an old John Wayne movie)jim

Glad to see you are back :). As my dad always tells me " worry about things YOU have controll over". You can't change how other people are.Matt krochmalny

Guest N247BK

To Anniette:I had a young patient come into my office last week (I have thought about her every day since). I will call her Anna to protect her identity. Anna is now 11 years old, and I have been her physician since birth.She has experienced more in her short years than most of us well into our years. She has now officially survived a common (but often fatal) child lymphoma, and is nearly complete with her 2-year chemical therapy, she is naturally regrowing hair. She is also a very positive child, and one whom I suspect has a natural ability to filter negative stimuli (which I also believe is most responsible for her miraculous recovery).Anna's original "crop" of hair was, I would say, sandy-blond in color, and nearly tubular in shape (some people say very straight).Last week, with her hair becoming quite full, Anna was no longer wearing her bandana and hat, which I had come to recognize her by.Anna was, however, quite perplexed by the change in her [new] hair: she was growing a very brown, and quite curly "crop" this time. Anna asked me if other "things" might also have changed within her, and I suspect there was, for the first time, some trepidation about her future.My answer to her was: "Why yes, Anna, your creator has used more variety from the pallette, and has decided to make you stronger and even more beautiful." Quite a private smile came to her face, as she gazed toward the floor (not directly into my eyes, as she had done all her life).What I saw, yet again, was , the result of the secret "deal" people make when they are in despair. Yes, Anna had asked the "painter" to take any liberties desired. And in return, Anna would be expected to be stronger and more beautiful ... and Anna accepted this "deal".

Guest Lionel Goh

Welcome back to the real flightsimming world!!:D :-lolSounds a bit like Mike Stones policy.. but its good enough :)You sure have reached a new level of understanding ;)

Guest Heather 636

Good show Anniette!!I KNEW you had it in you!! VIVA LA FRANCE!!And Bob K., you almost made me cry. That was such a nice story. They are so good to hear when more often than not our daily news overwhelmes us with despair.By the way, you make sure to give that little girl my support and kindest regards. I'm rooting for her.Cheers!!Heather

Thank you for coming to that conclusion Anniette. When you get to the bottom of what some people want, you find out it is just attention, even if negative. By letting that loud minority get the best of you, you play right into what they want. They want attention by trying to bring down the very people that are helping to give something to this hobby of ours. We all cannot be painters or develop are own aircraft, some of us just aren't very creative. Look at me. :-)So the rest of us find other ways to contribute. I do it by using AVSIM. Many of us will become the targets of the same loud minority trying to make us look bad but the only way to get past them is to not get drawn into their plan and to let your supporters help back you. It will become evident pretty quickly what that single person is all about.I know you have heard this many times, but I'll say it again. There are many more people that find enjoyment in your contributions than don't. If you give up because of a few speaking out against you, you will then take something away that was enjoyable to the masses for the sake of a few.And to all the developers, while we cannot simply ban people in the forums at the first sign of problems, we will do our best to follow those that continue to contribute nothing to the hobby but discourteous behavior and will have them leave our forums.

Well said Scott,From someone who is not all that creative either :). Though I am trying :). Annette has even offered to help me with my pathetic re-paints :) LOL. I muddle through alot on trial and error, though ALOT of Error.Now if I can just get some of my re-painted planes to quit comming out Chrome colored :).... GLAD to she and mike and heather are back.Matt krochmalny