Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

who is addicted to flight sim?

Yup, we will just have to sit here and do some boring flying and download more boring new planes and few boring sceneries, not to mention all the boring things you read on AVSIM forum. Yup his hobby slowing down....Nothing new going on. Just wish 2004 would get here soon. DUDE, ARE YOU BLIND!!!!

I love flying and everything about it!! The closest thing I can ever come to actually flying an aircraft is on my PC with FS2K2. I spend days and nights at work thinking about what airports I will tinker with next and which flights i plan to fly.I'm lucky that I get to ride alot of flights in real life as my wife is a flight attendant with United. Imagine the amount of $$ I would neeed to fork out if I wasn't on her flying benefits?? I love my wife alot but sometimes I wonder if a part of me actually married her for her flying benefits??!!"My name is Rudi Suen and I am an FS addict":-outta

I have been an addict since the time way back a long time ago when my dad bought my family our first pc. I got microprose's f-119 stealth fighter game and was hooked. Later I decided to try out FS-4 and the rest is history. I would say that I am addicted. The first thing I do every day after coming home from work is firing up the computer and checking out avsim to see what has been uploaded into the liberary for today!!

That Microprose F117 game was the very first pc computer game I bought. I spent many many hours on that one. I had a "flight sim" for my old Radio Shack Color Computer, but the F117 game was my first pc game. Still have it on the shelf actually, in all its 5.25" floppy disk glory ;)KP

Hi Ya, I do the same thing...life is good.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi, my name is Martin, and I'm a flight sim addict.Well, my story began early on the EPSON QX-10, when the simulators where more imagination than graphics, but then I took the combat simulators and role strategy games as a norm.Then came FS98, I installed it, tried a few hours, and then just got disappointed with the so difficult was to fly an aircraft. Too many switches and gauges to deal with. In F-22 lightning, just hit the throttle, and up you go. The only thing you had to be aware of was to raise the gear, but the setup even let you rease it automatically.I deleted the thing with only a few hours trying to keep the big bird on the air.FS2000, I just watched on the shelves and passed by.Then came FS2002, I borrowed from my brother's, installed it and was impressed with the real scenery and graphics. Tried to fly, and again. CRASH!!!Then I realized: Hey! This is not for genius? I don't need an MIT degree to fly this thing? At THAT moment, my addiction began. It was like 4 months ago. I started by reading the flying lessons. Then getting more and more panels, models, etc.Yesterday, I took off from TJSJ on my trusty PIC 767 and landed on KEWR three hours later. My wife said: You're crazy, you'll end with square eyes. Why don't you take it for real and get training and start flying for real, I can't go to the market using "virtual dollars"!!!I now work for American Flight Airways and Virtual Air Canada. I'm just waiting to pass my Cat. V checkride for American Airlines Virtual and applied for British Airways Virtual passing my VAC hours. Use real weather, plan my flights with Nav3 or FsBuild, and fly like 3 REAL hours every single day. On weekend, it extends to more than 5 a day.Now, whenever an aircraft roars in the sky, I just run outside to look up muttering: ok, flaps 15, 200 KIAS on his way for localizer catch. Gear down! People gonna think I'm crazy!!!That damned bug really got me hard!!!

Hello,I am...I am...I am...(Runs out of room shouting)

Guest Gordius

Quiz:July, do I (a) Replace my failing Tumbledrier(:( Replace my failing Fridge© Replace my failing HD and buy Win XPAugust, do I(a) Replace my failing Tumbledrier(:( Replace my failing Fridge© Upgrade ageing CPU and MotherboardSeptember, do I(a) Replace my failing Tumbledrier(:( Replace my failing Fridge© Buy COF and a sack of coffee beans(Note to self. Weekdays, go to work to check AVSIM.October, check that son is still living in my flat. Ring parents, are they still alive or have I inherited enough money to start building my cockpit?)BTW could someone please define an addict I cannot find a dictionary? And a quick tip for you all .... If you are married do not divorce. I did and now I have to keep pausing to cook meals.

You think you're bad, I've been hooked since FS2 in 1984 on a PC Jr.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

:-zhelp I'm a slave of FS, hehehe! Guys, I just read all of the post and I can sure you, I'm not alone in this world!!!!Best regard!

Martoni

I live, breath eat and crap flight sims!...Theres no other game i would rather play, except a few good First Person Shooters. Other than that, if it's got wings, and its a halfway decent game as far as graphics, fluidity, and multiplayer, it will be in my collection.=Swiv=

Guest jordan

In 1984 I was using FS2 on a PC Jr. too! Small world. Remember the patch disks you'd order out of PC Shopper to get your PC jr. to run PC compatible software? aaahhh, The good ol' days. My first helicopter jones was fulfilled with LHX, I flew that game for hours just for the helicopters!I actually belonged to a "computer club" that actually met at a local pizza hut. Yes, we actually had to leave the house, because BBS's normally only allowed a few people on at a time (at best).

Hi. My name is Chris, and I am a Flight Sim junkie. A BIG one.I am a RW pilot, instrument rated, approximately 430 hours total time. But recent events have curbed my financial ability to fly RW much, so I do most of my flying on the sim now. I fly RW Archers and Cessna's, so DF airplanes get a lot of use here. FSD features prominantly here as well.I am working on my commercial, but again, slow going due to finances, so my dream of flying the big iron will probably be only realized (somewhat) through FS. DF/Ariane's 737's (I don't want to hear it guys), POSKY and CaptainSim get heavy usage as well. I understand completely about searching for new stuff, spending HOURS and HOURS in forums, editing files, playing with textures, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Sometimes I spend whole days just working on planes, not even flying. Ask my wife, she is truly a FS widow. But she still loves me, I don't know why. She even wants to post here, tell her side.So there is my confession.