Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

who is addicted to flight sim?

HO! dear, so dear fellows! You're there all of you!Here I am, Arno, 33, FS addited since 1989... before the Internetas one of you said...There is nothing to do against it.Life then remains just the long wait of a new version...There is something so incredibly strong in FS: some of myfriends became real pro pilots, I'm a flight planner for a big national company, but my first job had nothing to do with airplanes.Thanks to FS i got a job I really love today, as well as a wifewho still bears me!...and a cute 2 yo girl...Nice to see other guys are deeply addicted!...Love you all!... Icant live without FS!...and I dont want to be cured!...Arnie from Paris...

Guest SlimDady

Well I have to say im addicted to flightsims freeware.Whenever I get a chance I check for any new freeware addons. Install em and play, and take screenshots.I spend most my time trying new planes, the most I ever really fly 1 flight is usually about 30 min.. ocationally I do a long flight but I think its more fun to try out alot of planes

Before the general public Internet days yes :-)It's un-controlled sickness :-) and I'll don't need a doctor, yep this is one of the few I'll like and my wife still support me huhhh...My oldest son has also the same habit... he grow up with a flight stick... :-lol Have to trim uhhh teach more my youngest son... but he is learning :-lolawfEHAM

André

Hello everyone, my name is Jani and I am also addicted to FS. Been flying since FS3 and got 20Gigabytes in my FS2002 directory.I have also flyed with FS3, FS5, FS98 and currently own FS5, FS2000 and FS2002. Some of my friends cant understant how it can be fun to stare at gauges and spot view a 747 on long-haul flight :-bla I also dont want to be cured from this :-beerchug "If its not FS related then why bother"Jani

>>...some months i go on without even considering it and playing it...<

yep well its good to see so many around,i got this buy when i purchased FS98 back in Nov of 1997, i hadnt the faintist of flying an aircraft and planes, but that $70 (Aussie dollars) worth of software thought me priceless information on aviation and flying big commercial jets...:-smooch

Will somebody nip out and find some more chairs... I think we're going to need them in here...AFOX :-beerchug

Hi people,Sorry to say but my little bit of advertising for this great thread has already been badly received... Seems some of us just can't find the time to laugh. Quite frankly this kind of attitude makes me sick and is slowly eating away at our forum and hobby like a virus. Catch you later. Great thread and thanks for writing.AFOX :-wave

My friends at school think I am crazy to play Flight Simulator...Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

'My friends at school think I am crazy to play Flight Simulator...'Play, like in game? Sacrilege! FS combines physics, math, geography, logical, disciplined thought processes, hand to eye coordination and stress management. Come to think of it, pretty much what ya go to school for. The fact that's it's fun too just points out the shortcomings of the educational system, and it costs a whole lot less :-)jb

My name is John- I am a Flightsim addict.I am currently in a 12 step program to ovecome this addiction, but it does not seem to be helping.I don't know where I will end up bacause of it, but as long as there is ATC to help a long the way- WHO CARES!!! :~P

Yes!!! The 12 step program:1. small prop2. medium prop3. light twin4. medium twin5. large twin6. turboprop7. large turboprop8. military prop9. military jet10. corporate jet11. small commercial jet12. large commercial jetDon :)

Guest RobK

I have to admit that I have become addicted to flight simming since I got started in it about two years ago. I practically live at my computer. hehe I either am flying or spending time in the forums here at Avsim and X-Plane.org. When I am not at my computer, I am still always thinking about avaition.Rob