Sign in to follow this  

Anyone downloaded Perfect Flight's Fly the Mad Dog?

Hi all!If you downloaded Fly The Mad Dog from Perfect Flight 2000, what's your opinion? Should I go ahead and purchase?JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest Milio_B

Mmmmmm....I'm not so sureThe model looks JUST like the FS2002 one....and I wouldn't pay 22.50 $ for that!!!It's waaaaaaay overpriced IMHO. Plus I'm not sure selling the FS2002 modle would be...right, even with some minor changes....In case you want to check it out for yourself, go to http://www.fs2000.org/ftmd/index.htm

Ya, all the gauges look like FS2k2 default! and nothing about ALL the aircraft being made from GMax. The panel BMP looks nice with nice side views and a cool landing view. I would love to have a Mad Dog package, but I really do not know if this is the one. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest Twister

Hi,I'm sorry to have to say that, but...you can get much better planes for FREE !Just take a look at the new Dash 7, Mike Stone's 727 (many liveries available)and the absolutely amazing panel by Richard Probst...IMHO, the Mad Dog panel is totally substandard, the designers copied and pasted (ugly) default FS2002 gauges in their panel.If the Mad Dog was released as freeware, I would not dare criticize it, but asking 22 $ for that package...This package cannot be compared to the actual "state--of -the-art" .The Dreamfleet, FSD and Real Air Simulations packages are in my opinion at least 10 times better.Twiser

Yeah - that panel is a joke from the pics on their site. For that price you could get something like the DF737, PSS Airbus, or 767 PIC, all of which are equpied with superb custom gauges, full FMC's, etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks to all for your answers. >Yeah - that panel is a joke from the pics on their site. That's what I thought too, when looking at the pictures on their site. Do you have an idea what that ABL adventure programming might be?JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I found a superb freeware DC-9, which I believe is the predecessor to the MD80. It comes with an excellent panel, sounds etc. I'll check where I got it from, it may have been fsnordic.net. Also, isn't Paul Golding's MD80 panel FS2002 compatible?Cheers,Gosta.

What I read is typical of their stuff. I have 2 of their products, both are collections of freeware aircraft (FS98 and FS2000 ones) with some slapped together adventures (those are not too bad, but have annoying errors).The ones I have don't even come with working panels at all (but then, they are older and maybe they do work in FS2000).

just bought it...should have known better.adventuers dont work properly....cant find flight plan.panel side views look hand drawn. i could kick myself steve

I paid $35.00 Canadian for this primitive program and am sorry I did not wait for other people to comment.You can get free downloads that are 100% superior. The panel is elemental compared to Golding's panel for the MD series.Total waste of my noney as far as I am concerned

Guest fly4beer

Hi all,If I got the product description right, the interresting part of the product is the new adventure scripting language used. Adventure should now work with ai traffic. Adventure text is intergrated in the atc window,they claim.Is this performing like advertised?Could you who have the product say if one is able to request a different fligth level during such an adventure?thanksLucien

Guest Twister

Hi Lucien,Even if the adventures work as advertised, the aircraft's panel would still be a bad joke when compared to today's standrad.Twister

Guest fly4beer

yes, I agree, the panel is not that good, but I don't care about the plane and panel of this package.... I would like to know more about the adventure and the new atc functions.Lucien

Greetings:Count me in as one of the fools who couldn't wait for someone else to take the bait. All of the negative comments I've read here, apply to me as well. This has to be my worst purchase choice since Abacus Sky Ranch. When will I learn to wait until the verdict is in before pruchasing?DO BUY THIS PRODUCT.Hans Groenewold

I forgot to ask any else who bought this product. Anyone know how this superior AI works? This is one of the reasons I bought it anyway. Thanks,Hans