Sign in to follow this  

VASM-beta-clone open

Hi, I've opened A VASM clone due to the absence of the VASM for a few months.Since I've heard comments from VASM staff that the server is just down, I'm not however binning my stockmarket, (I personally don't think the VASM will reopen anyway, in the same form)This stockmarket is more realistic and is a bit better in some ways:- Realistic approval period on stock buys- Combats abuse by manual administration- Will allow traders to select "brokers", so traders pay fees on buys and sells.It is located at http://snow.prohosting.com/simcorp and will soon offer a VA directory and Consulting.

Guest jonf

Their explanation of why they don't support .gifs is wrong. They don't have the correct content type for .gifs. The image is processed by the client, not the server. If they sent a content type of "images/gif" for their .gifs then they would work.Anyway, the missing images on the page aren't gif's anyway. If you check the source for the page you'll see that the page is looking for the files on a local hard drive, not the internet. It's an error by the webmaster.

If you would of ever read the link explaning why we don't use them, it's simple, I hate gif's because the the company that owns the algoritum that encodes gif's decided to charge companys that want to use them $8000/year(?)(Probaly explains why were seeing free hosts dissapear).Even the US DoD decided to ban gif's, except for animation!Cartoonists even supported it, claiming go to .png's reduces the size 4K per block.

Guest jonf

The DoD did not ban gif's! (http://www.dod.gov). Any professional web (graphics) developers will tell you that high-palette imaging should use .JPGs and low-palette imaging should use .GIFs. (BTW your Stock Market page has a .GIF on it)