Sign in to follow this  

Avsim : pls set up a new "soap opera" forum

Guest Dominique

a.k.a. the "Anniette & Jeff story" or "how I spend my time watching my navel and let everybody know".D.

Guest gasebah

I was just thinking about opening a similar thread. I refrained from it because I feared to initiate another unecessary flame war. But now that it is said anyway:Exactly my sentiments! Why don't all these people simply exchange phone numbers. I am bored to death.Alex

I know that you are just trying to be humorous, but a statement like that has great potential to start yet another flame-war.

Guest gasebah

You are right, excpet that I am not amused at all. I would suggest to lock this thread right now. But people should know that this is something at least some people get really tired of. It is not about copyrights, it is not about legal stuff, it is not about freeware authors. This is about the egos of some people, and of no interest at least to myself and I guess a lot of other people here that simply do not speak up.Pls lock the thread.Alex

Guest Dominique

at least in the good ole times that sort of things was settled with swords and one of the party was permanently removed from the discussion but telephone is OK with me :-lol

Guest Dominique

Do as you feel fit but pls, in the meantime, try to rein in some of these people considering that there's maybe a silent majority fed up with Anniette and Jeff.D

I read very good posting at Mesh and Scenery forums - among favorite - Rhumbaflappy and C. Stonk - really good stuff!!Come here to this site - and this story is still going on and on!I agree with the above post - this is not about files or technical aspect of it - but simply ego!Ray

If you are talking about my Ego and how smart you all obviously are, by what you have written I can see this,Well my Ego is very small and gets smaller every day :)Thank you for your concern about something you dislike so much you start yet another post about it :(Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

I think there are a lot of people fed up with the whole topic of people being flamed until they leave. Making a public example of one of the flamers, basically doing to same to him that he does to others, could be a good deterrent for the others.Jeff went too far, and he's getting what he deserves. Let him roast over a slow fire for a while longer.

That that is Anniette;We all have that difect which is called ego.If it get smaller with time - the better.My suggestion - You are a good aircraft repainter - go back and do some more - for you and for all you whish to use them - Ray

First of all, sorry Garry, I just gotta...Let me see if I get this right. You're sick of hearing about this. You are incredibly bored by it. You don't even want it around anymore. So just went its starting to die out, you throw some more gas on the fire and fan the flames. Nice logic. And Ray, did I read your message right (along with everyone elses)? Your message to Anniette is essentialy "Just shut up and get back to work giving me free repaints". Utterly amazing.

I don't generally responsed to such threads, as is see no point.But here it goes....I for one will miss Alpha's excellent work, and wish to thank you Alpha for all that you've provided us with...Now, lets get this thread and others like this locked and removed.PS: When threads like this appear, don't post, just move on....This hobby is too fun to have it spoiled....

Guest Dominique

> So just went its starting to die You so right it's already 4:30 pm here and 10:30 am on the east coast and there're ==only== one thread initiated by Jeff and one initiated by Anniette. We miss yours now.

And Ray, did I read your message right (along with everyone elses)? Your message to Anniette is essentialy "Just shut up and get back to work giving me free repaints". Yes indeed!Not only Aniette - all shut up - and go back fly and get along with what you were doing before this matter - including me!Ray

Guest gasebah

Well I have to answer this...I shouldn't even bother....just go on this is simply supposed to be fun ... no I can'tNow that is a typical Mike Stone here. You keep elaborating on this forum with endless posts about this and similar topics. And if one person speaks up with a single post that this all might not really belong here you hold him responsible that the topic is warmed up again. Really "nice logic". The thing is that this is not about that single incident. It is not even about Anniette and Jeff. It is about the fact that some people here are not using this forum the way it should be used IMHO which might well be wrong. You, Aniette and other freeware authors have a huge majority of supporters here. They are expressing their gratefulness about the work you are doing on numerous occasions. Yet obviuosly you do not appreciate it but keep on pointing on the small number of spoiled kids that critizise and do not appreciate the work of yourself and others the way it should be. If I give a football to a bunch of kids as a gift and one of them claims that it is not made of leather it will not put my life in misery. It will make me smile. I guess that is what Ray was expressing when he said "do some more". But no you guys have to here it over and over again. That you are great, your work is great, anyone who does not appreciate it is a dumbass. I really can't help but have the feeling that you are enjoying all this. The endless flamewars seem to have become an important part of your life obviously. Noone is feeding them more than you guys do. Maybe you need that for your egos. Just a wild guess. Hard to think of anything else.Now go on and kill me, flame me, ban me start another thread with 56 posts, tell the people that my post finally did make you all stop repainting, I couldn't care less.This is all supposed to be fun, Fs2002 is a game, this Forum should be used to share the fun between a lot of interested people. But it has become an endless soap opera and a navel show. Please, please lets go back to what it should be.Alex