Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

FS2002 reboots my pc after 10 mins

microsoft technical helpline cant help - can you?This is my PC spec:Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz Socket478 OEM CPUMotherboard Abit SD7-533 P4 Skt478 5.1 Snd/DDR 333FSB ATX M/BdRam 2 x 256MB DDR PC2100 266MHz UnBuffered Major/3rd RAM (512Mb Total)HDD Maxtor 4D040H2 40.0GB IDE ATA/100 5400rpm HDDFDD Alps 1.44MB 3.5" FDDCD/DVDROM Samsung SD-616 16xDVD 48xCD IDE OEM DVD-ROM DriveModem Motorola 56K HSP Voice/Fax PCI Software ModemGraphics ABIT 64MB nVidia GeForce2 MX400 4x TV/O Grphs CardI have downloaded the lastest nvidia drivers (30.82) and sound drivers.My PC works fine -Train sim runs perfect as does everything else on my PC.If I run MSFS2002 it reboots my PC after about 10-15mins every time - even if running in a window.HELP ITS DRIVING ME NUTSJohnny!Man from Devon

Ps running Direct x 8.1 and no problems in DxdiagJohnnyMan from Devon

Guest brewmaster

Did you recently install Windows Media 9 beta? I installed it recently and I am having similar issues. I cant seem to run the game more than a few minutes. If not, you may want to try removing added scenery or restoring your traffic.bgl file if you have made any adjustments. I have found those to be successful fixes in the past. Otherwise, could be an issue with your video card or other drivers. Just a few thoughts...Brewmaster

Looking at your MOBO specs makes me wonder if you shouldn't be running PC2700 RAM. Secondly, are you indicating you have 1GB RAM or 512MB? If 1GB, remove the some of the RAM until you have just 512MB and see if the problem goes away. If you only have 512, try removing one stick and see if the problem goes away.Also what Dram CAS Latency speed are you running? Try a lower number! You will have to enter BIOS to set these values.If you have three RAM sockets, place one RAM in socket 1 and the other in socket 3.

Hi Check the cpu temperature--may be overheated [fan probs]Yoss

Guest flightpro08

>Check the cpu temperature--may be overheated My thoughts as well. Download 'Motherbaord Monitor' and check your CPU temps.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Guest SlimDady

Well its not WMP9 I have installed that also.. No problems for me yet.Could be CPU temp. Or your graphics card.If either gets to hot they sorda do a hard lock and kinda jam up ur computer, or restart.Apparently the radeon 9700 is bad for this in alot of games.So I guess what u gota do is try to find the temps of your video card and mobo. If those seem normal.. Try droping the detail in flightsim so its not as hard for your computer to run.Thats all I could think of right now.You could also download the officfeal 40 drivers from nvidia they work for all nvidia videocards

PCs restarting can occur for various reasons, most notably being:1. Overheating2. RAM (Bad RAM, incorrect latency settings, or too much RAM)3. Bad motherboard4. Video Drivers (not nessacarily incompatible drivers...different drivers on different systems).5. Bad CPU6. Weak Power SupplyThings it is most likely NOT:1. Bad video card2. WMP 9.0My suggestion would be too try going through each one of the things I listed above starting with the cheapest. I know it seems like I listed pretty much everything but those are all things that can cause restarts.Personally I would check the Overheating and Video card drivers first. My Windows2000 Pro box works flawlessly unless I use certain video card drivers then it will restart itself.DON'T lower your game settings so your computer doesn't have to work as hard. That is a cop-out for computer problem resolution not to mention the problems will more then likely arise later with other APs/Games.Hope this helps :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Ok guys thanks for all this - one questions.I am goona check my RAM settings (well I know a man who can) but there are a lot of suggestions re overheating. Wouldnt this affect all applications and not JUST FS2002?Keep it comingJohnny Man fron Devon (Grounded)

>Ok guys thanks for all this - one questions. >>I am goona check my RAM settings (well I know a man who can) >but there are a lot of suggestions re overheating. Wouldnt >this affect all applications and not JUST FS2002? >>Keep it coming >>Johnny >Man fron Devon (Grounded) Not nessacarily. FS2002 uses quite a bit of power and system resources to run. For instance, when you are writing a word document you are not really using your graphics card to it's fullest extent because you are just typing text. When you run FS2002 the graphics card is drawing textures, rendering graphics etc.. and while all that is going on your RAM is being used extensively. In addition to that your processor is working faster to make all these things happen and your power supply is pumping out watts to manage all the hardware.Add all these things up and you can get some nasty heat. Heat is dangerous because it can damage almost all of your computer hardware if it is not monitored.Here are my specs:XP2100SOYO Dragon Ultra mobo.768mb PC2700PNY GF3 TI500 64mb vid. cardSB. Augigy 30gb Maxtor 7200rpm driveCable connection450W Power SupplyAnd this is my fan setup (NOTE: All of my fans aren't nessacary for every system):4 Case Fans1 7200 rpm Global WIN processor fan1 Cyclone PCI slot fan1 9 inch. desk fan (direct current)My computer used to run quite hot but with the addition of these fans I managed to drop the temperature by about 20-25 degrees...quite a lot!Like I said above, check the cheapest stuff first, ie things that are free (lol) before you start getting rid of RAM, buying a new power supply, etc.. .Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3