Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eric

FSW or Reality XP clouds??

I am currently using the FSW series but was wondering how the Reality XP series is??Which is better??Opinions welcome :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hi Shane,IMHO it has to be FSW due to the "cloud Randimizer ". The thought of flying without "cloud Randimizer ". makes me not to want to fly. Together with FS_Meteo giving me a fresh weather update every 6-minutes and the "cloud Randimizer ". giving me a fresh new set of clouds every 10-minutes is a great combination to fly with. Plus Chris Willis is the GURU of MSFS clouds...everybody knows that!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Reality XP doesn't have a cloud randomizer? I didn't know that.Can you give me some info on FS Mateo?What is it?What does it do?Is it freeware or payware?Is there a website for it?Thanks!Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Check out www.fsmeteo.comIt is payware, but very worth the small outlay of cash. You can get up to date wx and have it continually updated while you are flying online, or you can get old wx and use that for a flight. Pretty much every reporting station in the world is in there, including data for upper level winds. I "can't" fly without it now. It works beautifully with FSW's clouds and randomizer too. Also, keep an eye out on FSW's web page as they are building a similar program. However, that has been in development for quite a long time, so I don't know if they are still making progress or not.Glenn

Great!Thanks Glen, much appreciated :)Shane

Ark

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Shane,FSW's clouds are definitely a better package than Reality XP's clouds. They include a tool to randomize the set for a flight, and have a library with a lot of different clouds. I don't know yet however what is the status of the cirrus clouds for the FSW's pack, and the screen shot forum used to show pictures with a mix of both products: the great FSW's clouds with Reality XP's Cirrus clouds.Hope this helps!

Guest flightpro08

I use FSMETEO along with the FSW clouds. Excelent combination.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Hey, have I missed something? Reality XP clouds??? I'm using the Reality XP avionics, (and sure, the FSW clouds), but I didn't know about any cloud package by Reality XP! Just looked at their website and couldn't find anything about that either?

OK, thanks very much, Jean Luc, I've replaced the default Cirrus with yours (which look really great) now and I've added the clouds to the FSW randomizer...Looking forward to the new FSW stuff though...(and CFS3!)

The FSW randomizer is customizeable -- I've added Reality XP clouds, even Ed Trutan's water FX to the FSW library.

Guest kurtj

Where is the cloud Randomizer? Is it included with the fsky world?

Personally I would go with Reality XP, the looks are just plain stunning!Scott

Guest kurtj

two things. 1. Can someone give me a link to the Reality XP clouds? 2. I found the randomizer, however what do I need to get it to activate. When I set the time in FSsky World the install button is grey out, therefore I can't install it. Any info. Can someone post screenshots using the randomizer?

Guest Eric

Hello, FSW are the best clouds available for Fs, they have better frame rate than reality XP.Eric