Sign in to follow this  
flyking

Fly the Mad Dog

Just want to share my oppion regarding the new release from Perfect Flight.If you are a old user of the Mad Dog the keep away, this release does not even come close the old releasefrom Lago. Panel and airplane should be freeware, the quality is so far away from the standard today.Think twice if you concider this release !Claus

Hi Claus,Thanks for the info...I am far away from it, Seems like a :-spam1 product to me. I mean the gauges look like they have taken from FS2K2 and they are charging money for it.Microsoft will not like that one. Gotta say:The panel BMP looked nice with the side views and all. The aircraft did not look GMax and that seems to be the standard for payware these days. Seems like I remember some bad press about this company before. Anyway thanks for the tip.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Thought this thread was worth a BUMP!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Claus,>If you are a old user of the Mad Dog the keep away, >this release does not even come close the old release >from Lago. I think it's better to clarify this panel doesn't have anything in common with LAGO's Mad Dog, the authors are totally different people, that simply used that name because it's very well known to users of the old package, and they are probably trying to capitalize on this.There *is* a real successor of LAGO's Mad Dog in the works but now, it would probably wiser to call it differentlyregards,Umberto Colapicchioni

I bought the "Mad Dog" after reading the press release here at Avsim on Friday. Let's say I'm not impressed. The gauges look like they've been lifted straight from FS2002. The visual model is not impressive and I have not tried the adventures yet, there are only four?It has all the makings of an Abacus product to me. Oh well, live and learn, I guess. Funny thing is, I wrote my buddy asking his opinion of it before I bought it. Then, I went and bought it before hearing back from him anyway. He told me exactly what I'm writing here. Next time, I'll wait.Hans Groenewold

Umberto,You have totally right. I know its a differnt company and I was just to anxious to buy this product, because of the titel of the product.If I just had read the press release, then I could have seenthe they even dident included a FMC !My mistake, just want to warn others !Looking forward to the real release !RegardsClaus

At this point I feel like I got burnt pretty good on this one too. So far, I haven't been able to get one single adventure to work properly. I wish I would have waited for the reviews before I purchased. Happy Jet Trails To Youflyking

>I think it's better to clarify this panel doesn't have >anything in common with LAGO's Mad Dog, the authors are >totally different people, that simply used that name because >it's very well known to users of the old package, and they >are probably trying to capitalize on this. Correct... I did look at the products and was not impressed. I like the fact that they used ABL for the first time, but the cockpit and aircraft are really below par at this moment. For a commercial package this is just not good enough. The fact they used the name we promoted for 3 years tastes a bit nasty but of course nothing can be done about that.Mathijs KokLAGO