Sign in to follow this  

Dash 7 Texture templates to be released soon!

Greetings!First...I'd like to thank Milton Shupe, too, for inviting me to be a part of this wonderful project, and also Scott Thomas and all the Team 7 Members for their awsome and inspiring work! Thank You All!Less than 24 hours after the release of the Dash 7 Pack ...[http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?CatID=fs2002ac&DLID=19933]... as the texture's author I already have lots of requests for the 'Pack2 Texture templates' :-) I thank you for that, and for all the ultra kind comments I've been receiving since! :-beerchugAt the beginning I wasn't even sure if anyone would request these templates, as they are not the most orthodox way of doing repaints but, amazingly, those who tried it already (Hi Don! ;-) are thrilled with'em.So here's the deal: These texture templates will be released in both Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop formats - using the 'save as' feature from Paint Shop Pro, and thanks to Bill Womack for the tip!Basically these are a compact layered version of my master textures, that will let you paint in a totally free way without loosing any shade or light effects that are kept on separate top layers... You paint, and your work appears underneath all the nuts & bolts :-kewlThen those 2 kits - PSP and Photoshop - will be uploaded here so you may all access them easilly. ... I couldn't deal with this through email attachements!So bear with me and, in a few days, you'll be painting and flying your favorite liveries. Meanwhile enjoy the Gronlandsfly and the 2 Tyrolean schemes, eheh.If you're interested in these packs please use this forum as a reference so we may help each other easilly... I'm sure that some questions will pop-up soon about FS formats, conversions, alpha channels (!) ... This is not a support forum but, time permiting, I'll help here as I can, of course.Once again, Thank You All and......Enjoy the De Havilland DHC-7 Dash 7!Joao Pazhttp://www.geocities.com/alaskanwindssignature.jpg

Thank you Johnny for such a great way to make perfect paintjobs every time. This should be the wave of the future for painting planes. So easy a child can do it. I can even do it! LOL! :)Don

Guest Milton

Joao, :-)YOu sir have been a gentleman throughout this awesome project, even in the tough times as we stuggled with mapping techniques.Thank you for doing this for the community. The Dash 7 was brought to life with your gift of talent and tenacity for the detail. Now you are sharing freely your hundreds of hours of work, for that you are to be commended.This has been an awesome team effort and an awesome team!Milton Shupe

Hi Milton,Thanks a lot for your kind words, Sir, but let me say that all this - and in particular my textures - would have been impossible without your work and great texture mapping!!! And believe me (as if you didn't knew it, lol) I've been there... just didn't do that YOU did, and a wonderful job I must add ;)Joao Pazhttp://www.geocities.com/alaskanwindssignature.jpg

Guest BC_KBOS

Hey Joao!Very nice job on the Dash7! Well done!I'd stay and chat, but I gotta go do some holds over NAPTO (in the Dash7, of course)!Rgrds,BCps Lynn sez HI!

Thanks for a great bird, it looks good AND flies good.Once the paintkit is released I'll take a go at whatever is left that I can find material on when I get back from vacation in 3 weeks (including TCA if you don't object).

Hi Eric,It looks good :-)) I must check today's uploads and get that one, too ;-) The thing about Photoshop is that just at a later date I realized that there was a 'Save As' option (thanks Bill!) to that format...Cheers!Joao Pazhttp://www.geocities.com/alaskanwindssignature.jpg

Excellent way to repaint, looking forward to it's release. I'll be doing Ransome Airlines. :-)-Cory

Guest Milton

Just a heads up here :If you go to http://www.fly.to/dash7 there is a list of all Dash 7 serial numbers and pictures of probably every livery she ever flew.I would love to see someone do a very nice job on Rocky Mountain Air who took first commercial delivery of the Dash 7. Here's a snip-it from the technical doc in your Dash 7 Documentation Folder."The first Dash 7 to enter service was S/N 4, with Rocky Mountain Airways (USA), on 3 February 1978."There are many beautiful liveries out there to be done. Let's do this bird justice and wave the flag of these liveries high and proper.Please use the Pack 2 formats that Joao is offering and keep the detail that Joao has so painstakenly created.We greatly appreciate your interest in the Dash 7 and hope to see the skies fulled with her once again.Kind RegardsMilton Shupe

You can count on me to help in that quest! LOL! Real or not, we'll have MANY 7's in the air. I really hope when folks see what Johnny has put together with these templates, that it does become an industry standard. Best idea I have ever seen to include in/with an airplane package. I just flew her (half painted) from FLL to FMY. Heading back over to PBI now. :)Don