Sign in to follow this  

Dash 7 Texture templates to be released soon!

looking forward to it i may try my luck with piedmont 7 used to see them all the time at orf also thanks to the designers and all involved very nice flight/visual modelWalter Wilson

Guest BC_KBOS

Hey Joao!It is in fact, me. Glad to see that you are having so much fun. Drop me a line sometime. Maybe I'll fire up ICQ again.Rgrds,BC

Is it tomorrow yet??? :)I have changed the color 3 times so far. I may need another hard-drive for the Dash! LOL! Can't wait buddy.Don

I uploaded the following Golden West Airlines Dash 7 tonight.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Milton

Hello Walt,Formerly from Maryland, I flew Piedmont a bunch. Would love to see the Dash 7 in that livery. :-)ThanksMilton

Hey Milton, you're originally from Maryland? That's great! I'm from the Bahamas, but I live in Towson, MD now (attending college there). Seeing a Henson Airlines Dash 7 would be great! Where in MD were you from?George

Greetings, all!Just a short note to inform you that the Pack2 texture templates will be available tomorrow... They're done and I just need to do the zips and some docs remaining.Remember, that's for Paint Shop Pro *and* Photoshop.I'll make them available somewhere for immediate download, even before I upload them to Avsim and Flightsim ;-)Cheers!(Att, Dan Port: your email address keeps bouncing back. Write me when you can)Joao Pazhttp://www.geocities.com/alaskanwindssignature.jpg

Hello Joao!Just a question, what size Textures are you using? A buddy passed this too me from the DirectX 8 SDK:

The fastest texture size to load is 256x256. This means that using 128x128 or 64x64 bitmaps actually SLOWS the render, instead of accelerating it. However, loading 512x512 is actually faster than 4*256x256, and one 1024 is faster than 4 512x512. This means that if you have 4 512x512 textures, you can improve rendering speed if you reunite them as one 1024x1024 texture.Rules of thumb: 1. Use less textures, but bigger, insead of many, but smaller, and 2. NEVER use textures smaller than 256x256
Not sure how many know this information, it gets more important in Dx8 sims like CFS3 I imagine, not sure.I look forward to your template, this would be my first attempt.Cheers!

Eric, your Dash 7 repaints look great! Do you have plans for any other Dash 7 repaints? If so, what airlines did you have in mind?George

Im about done with a Wideroe Airplane. That will probably conclude my Dash 7 adventures. I typically do 2 or 3 planes of a particular type. Beyond that and I get bored...(sorry.)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Milton

Eastern Shore, Salisbury, on your way to OC. My brother is the Info Systems Manager for Henson there as well.Nice area ;-)Milton

LOL, good question :-)Well, that's always been an issue among flightsimmers - so I just remembered once again to always pots in zulu time.Anyway, just check your mailbox ;-)I just don't post the URLs here as it would drive my humble site havoc! But these files will hit Avsim as soon as I add in some docs... (my eternal issue!)Regards all!Joao Pazhttp://www.geocities.com/alaskanwindssignature.jpg

I have tried downloading the Photoshop kit 3 times and each time it says that it is an invaild archive and cannot be opened.:( :( :(Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3