Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 PERFORMANCE IS BAD

Just like I said, everyone has their own experience !Thanks Arnaud for helping out !AFOX :-wave

hi Shane,i was havin really poor frames, i have a P3800 on a Gforce 2MX 64meg card, and i was getting 5fps max, i also have a VIA mobo, i downloaded the latest 4in1 mobo drivers and bingo, now i get 15+, and very smooth considering my specsalso i went into Dix8a nd closed AGP but that made things worst, make sure you have it on,just my experience

checkpointcharlie That is worse than mine, btw, what setting in display did u run on?Shane

Keep in mind that the lastest drivers are not always the greatest drivers ;)ShaneP.S. Yep, that's my name too :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

One thing to take note about is that most newer video cards, ie GF2(later Series, not MX), GF3, GF4, Radeon, etc. are designed to run in 32 bit color. Setting the depth to 16bit will usually hurt performance and adversely effect graphics representation in most of the newer games out there (texture flashing etc...).Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hey guys this could be very confusing... And I'm not talking about the subject matter either... A cursory glance at this thread and one comes quickly to the conclusion that our friend 'Shane' is solving his OWN problems... It threw me temporarily !AFOX :-lol

Shane, by any chance do you have a VIA chipset? Poor frames can be caused by corrupted or improper AGP miniport driver. Latest VIA drivers (only if you have a VIA chipset!) at www.viatech.com Oh, they've changed their name to VIArenahttp://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2Best, --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

yeah, i think its a VIA chipset I have, it says VIA on the mobo, but what ones are proper :-SShane

Check at the site, but I believe the 4in1 driver works for all VIA chipsets. Just get the latest one and do the quick install. If it isn't correct (that one file works for all VIA chipsets), you'll have to get out your mobo manual and see what chipset is specified in the features pages near the front. Otherwise, you'll have to open your case and look at the VIA chips, one of which may have a heatsink on it. In which case, get the mobo model number (silkscreened somewhere on the mobo, looking something like: M6368L, or A7A-266. Hopefully, you get the idea). Use the mobo model to go d/l the manual from the mfr website and read what chipset, get the right driver for it, etc.Long way around if you've the bad luck to need a specific 4in1, not have your mobo manual and have a heatsink on your chipset, but you'll be happy with results -- search back just a few days for someone else who had a 5x increase in frames from getting a good AGP miniport driver in place. You'll go from sad camper to happy flyer.Best, --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10