Sign in to follow this  

NEW UTILLITY REALLY ROCKS !!!

Hi everybody,You may want to check out the stonkin' new Utillity for all Flight Sims. Developed by CHECKPOINTCHARLIE and GASEBAH. I'm already sold on the idea. Scan the checkpointcharlie thread below for more details. I did it... Why don't you ?AFOX :-lol

Ok I give up. I did a search for a new Utility but can't find a thing. What are you talking about?Bob J Sr. (KMIE)

Hi,Hope you have a sense of humour cos' you've been 'ad mate. (It's a bit of cheap and nasty advertising) We're talking about FS Addict a new creation i.e; a forum post whereby you can admit you're an addict... FS that is... Please don't post a negative.. there's been far too much of that lately ! It's just a bit of fun.AFOX :-)

So, one question? How is it that you feel you have the right to intentionally waste people's time by misleading them?I am truly confused "mate"John-PaulToronto

Hi,I respect every opinion and listen to every viewpoint. But, if you think having a sense of humour and engaging in a bit of fun in this wonderful hobby of ours is a bad thing, then I really feel sorry for you ! The thread is I refer to is a breath of fresh air and some of us are in dire need of a laugh ! I dearly hope that there aren't too many simmers out there, or pilots for that matter, who share your miserable view.AFOX :-(

".....waste people's time by misleading them?...."I feel you need to ease up just a bit... I can't say my time in the forum is fighting world hunger, putting bread on the table, or even showing quality time with my family. So in that sense, just by being here it's "time wasted." On the other hand, I enjoy the forum for seeing people come together, and as an escape from world hunger, the struggle to put bread on the table, and from the odd craziness that my family can sometimes cause. In that sense, many threads are time well spent. I enjoyed being 'ad in this thread.... It's nice to chuckle about something.... That's a good use of my time....-John

Thanks John,The thread may have been a little OTT but it was well-meaning and created in good spirit. I really believe that the forum majority share your reassuringly relaxed view and is more than happy to indulge in a little tomfoolery once in a while. Thanks again for your timely and calming contribution.AFOX :-wave

Guest Twister

AFOX,I'm sorry to have to disagree with you on that one.If you want to crack a few jokes and have some fun - that's fine.However, misleading simmers and luring them into a thread under a false title is NOT funny.It appears that your sense of humour is a bit twisted and too thick for my own personal taste.Good day to you.Twister

you dont have to see who is Twister with a nick like that ...:(

Hey !Can all the good fun loving guys quickly leave this thread and I'll dynamite it with the miserable guys still on it. Great way to cheer up the forum in one fell swoop. Anyone else who got out the wrong side of the bed today please join in. Be my guest and 'talk' amongst yourselves. Meanwhile the rest of us will go and listen to the good stuff elsewhere without your interference.AFOX :-lol

Um sorry the joke here needs to be a bit more obvious? Otherwise it is not funny, not because one does not have a sense of humour, but because not everyone has seen whatever thread you are referring to... And even so it is not obviousKitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Yeah Kitty,I realise that now.. I was refering to the 'are you addicted to FS thread' under checkpointcharlie but it obviously hasn't worked so I do apologise for that. For the record I wrote it by myself with no encouragement from anybody else. Thanks for a fair comment anyway.AFOX :)

Guest Edam

Some people may have been irritated because they went and searched for this alleged "utility" in the libraries, searched for the checkpointcharlie thread which was indicated as being "below," which wasn't at the time that they read your "utility" post, or when finding the thread and realizing what it was all about, were not amused. While the "who is addicted to flight sim?" thread may be humorous, aren't most of the posters here already addicted? That's not to take away from the intent of that thread, which in and of itself is humorous, but I think that by you claiming that there was a new "utility" was misguided. Perhaps you might have used another term to describe it.And yes, *I* was one of those who went and searched for this new "utility," didn't see any such thing, and then had to find the thread in question to see what you were talking about, only to see that it was a poor joke.Yes, I was "had," and not amused because of the wasted searching.

PS: To anyone else who comes onto the thread:It didn't work, It's dead, I made a mistake, I apologised, and that's it. I can do no more than that. Thank you. AFOX.

I agree absolutly !So where do you get this utillity from ?I know I need it but can not find it ?Please Email it to me as soon as it apearsAnniette xxxxxxx