Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Lago UK scenery a must

I have long searched high and low for some decent mesh which depicts the UK terrain accurately.None ever were detailed enough of my area around the welsh hills and Shropshire until I purchased the Lago UK mesh.Now its like flying my local area with every tiny hill,ridge and blip modelled with accuracy whats more they are the right shape.A must for UK flyersPeter

I agree there Peter. I was pretty amazed. I had the visual flight mesh before but this is even better.Craig

GeofI will put some comparison shots up tomorrow (real World to sim)Peter

Hi Pete,I don't suppose you know whether Teesside has been accurately depicted ? We have a very well known hill, sitting behind the Cleveland Hills, shaped like an extinct volcanoe and it's called Roseberry Topping. It has been completely ignored by every UK mesh designer so far. Even the Visual Flight mesh, the best to date failed to render it. I don't expect you to know how the entire country looks but who knows - You may have flown into Teesside and seen it ? I quizzed the creator but he never came back fully on the subject. We have some great freeware sceneries of the area including EGNV - If the Lago mesh renders this great VFR landmark - I'm sold !AFOX :-wave

HI Peter,You've convinced me. I'm reaching for my credit card as we speak. As an enthusiast of flying round my home county (Cornwall) I've yet to see any airfield, cliff, beach, or hill accurately depicted. Maybe Lago can oblige.Cheers,Rob

I had already downloaded the ALPS demo mesh from them and that is very good - since I have downloaded all of the Alpine meshes now (which is a pain of BTOpenworld ISDN!!) I guess I better get the UK and register the lot !!!

Can you give me directions to this hill....I'll go there and take some shots if you like.Give me some coordinates where it would be in FS2002 and I'll take a shot.Craig Kiltie

Agree Peter. It's a big improvement.The one thing I have noticed is that most of the coastline is, to varying degrees, surrounded by cliffs. Anyone noticed this or am I being too picky ?

Hi Craig,Thanks for your interest and help. Might be a little while before I give you a complete answer. I'm going to try and get in touch with some of the scenery creators who are developing this area and see if they can give me some reasonably accurate co-ords for this hill. We all know that the default map is out a bit. I'll get back to you thanks, mate.AFOX :-wave

Depends where they are ... there are plenty of cliffs around the English coastline.I, for one, will be trying the Lago mesh. I've tried the Lightweight mesh, Josiah Haut's mesh, Ray Taburet's and the Visual Flight and none of those have cut it for me yet. All have peculiarities of some kind. I realise it's not an easy thing to do well.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

HiI did a flight to Teeside from Humberside this morning, VFR, following the chart and "Rosemary Topping" was there. From the air it does not look as steep and as distinctive a landmark as I know it, (I have never seen it from the air in real life though), I only know it from walking up it. I forgot to do a screen shot.The coastline I do know off by Heart, Flambrough head, Bempton to Scarborough area etc, the cliffs are not so sheer as they are in real life but it is a vast improvement to FS2002 scenery.Zack Laws

There's a thread in the forum on the LAGO site with several comparative screenshots, each one showing the same view with the default, VisualFlight and the LAGO mesh. The LAGO product is simply head-and-shoulders above any other UK mesh I've seen. I bought it on the sport after seeing that and I'm extremely pleased I did.Cheers,AndyEGTR

Zack,That sounds very promising ! If Lago have put it there it's a definate first ! If you can post a screenshot it would be very useful. I haven't received a reply yet from my source but the email has only just gone. I was rather hoping Stephen Gordon might help since he has produced some superb freeware for Teesside flyers and might be able to accurately plot it's position. Thanks again, mate.Cheers :-wave

Guest Lizardo

I can't hardly wait now for Scotland!