Sign in to follow this  

Extreme Runway Texture Problem!!!

Whenever my aircraft (doesn't matter what type) is moving on the runway this texture problem occurs. It usually starts on departure around 110 kts and also on the roll out upon breaking... I have since uninstalled and reinstalled FS2002 but still the same thing occurs. It must be the FS disk itself or some of the freeware scenery that i have installed but i get this effect at most every airport.Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this short of buying another copy of FS2002?Any comments you can provide will be highly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Well known problem at a lot of airports.Do a search in the library for 'apron fix' or author Page C Cline.Page has done a number of files to fix these texture problems at a lot of airports, but not all.....yet :-)Latest file is Aprnfix6.zipHTH

The thing is that I never had this problem with any airport and all of the sudden it happens at almost all of them. I first noticed it at KPHX and I've simce seen it at KLAX, KOAK, CYVR, PHNL, KJFK, KLAS, etc... please keep in mind these problems only started a few weeks ago and I've had FS2002 for a year. Also I added the fix and it dosen't seem to do the trick. It does add the appron onto places like KLAS but I still have said problems with the runways. Thanks!!!

Hi Bustin,Normally, when I do apron fixes, it's just for bleed thru on the aprons or disappearing taxilines. The runways weren't showing any problems. But your problem sure acts like the bleed thru that aprons have. I suspect that somewhere you have an elevation problem. Do you have any addon scenery at those airports with dissappearing runways? Also, which airport were the pics from? Try this:, using a Cessna 182RG, set yourself on a disappearing runway and note the elevation. Subtract 3 feet from it (the altimeter is 3 ft high) and you will have the actual altitude of the airport. Then go to World/Map View, zoom in until the runway shows, click on the runway, and you'll get info on the airport including its elevation. The elevation you noted and the elevation in the info window should be the same. You could also e-mail me at pageruthcline@msn.com and we could discuss it further.