Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Fresnel Lens...

I purchased a fresnel lens about a year or so ago, but was disappointed as it caused a blurr effect near the sides of the screen, similar to the problem which plagued early big-screen televisions. Most people do seem to like them, but the device was just not for me.Take care,John M.

I fly with a 22" optical grade fresnel lense 10" in front of my monitor. I also use the ED glasses and the combination is fantastic. The lense magnifies the image about 33 percent at the same time placing it about 8" further away. The result is a large picture and more comfortable to look at because your eyes are focused at a greater distance from you. I have a large flat black hood in front of the monitor so I can take the lense on and off. Since I paid over $150 for it, I don't think the improvement justifies the cost but like all toys, it sure is nice. Please try the ED Glasses though. They are great.Regards,Pete

Guest cornclose

Thanks for feedback guys, I have also been searching the net and have found a number of interestng articles.Fresnel lenses it appears can be as cheap as a few pounds but good ones can cost hundreds.Regarding the ED Glasses, I have some LCD shutter glasses from ELSA (the 3D Revelator, I think one of the first ones out), and generally don't use them because my monitor won't support high eneough refresh rates at my prefered resolutions.RegardsChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Have such , like them and using all the time My lense is 22 inch , and the monitor is 19No distortions what so ever, and the price was 29 pounds beforeshipping, with did almost double the price in my caseThe items name was a tv magnyfierJoseph

I bought a 30 inch lense which is sitting 12 inches in front of my 19 inch viewsonic monitor. I built a hood around the top and sides to keep out the light with cardboard and duct-tape, and it now looks like a 24 inch monitor with a lot of depth. It is a 30 inch TV screen enlarger and costs $46.95 plus shipping.www.maxiaids.comHave been using it for over two years with no distortion.Happy flying,

I checked the above web site and the price has dropped on the 30 inch lense. It is now $32.00 including shipping in the U.S.I don't know if they ship overseas.

Guest cornclose

Thanks guys, I'm being gradually won over.There is a UK supplier (rcsimulations.co.uk) who supply a 22" unit complete with stand and frame etc for