Sign in to follow this  

The SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 and Go Flight ...... yum!

Hi,The level of realism certainly stepped up a notch with Real Air Simulations SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 Virtual Cockpit. If you are lucky enough to have a nice stack of Go-Flight radio's and switches you have a terrific combination. With Goflight I have everthing I need to fly the plane without leaving the VC which is the best I have seen to date. Nicely done!BobP :)

Guest gasebah

Nice isn't it.Now get trackIR and get rid of your coolie hat also. You can look around inside the VC without touching a button. The coolest thing is to open and close the canopy while in the VC.Alex

Hi Bob,Thanks for your nice comments. Just a quick note to other users not fortunate enough to have the excellent Goflight - you can still fly the Sf260 without almost ever leaving the Virtual Cockpit with our special Popup strip side panel which has all light switches and the mixture/prop control, plus all the nav, com and gps functions will pop up with the standard FS2002 keypresses.Cheers,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Hi!Which model of IR tracker do you have? I think is time.Thanks .... BobP :)

Guest gasebah

I didn't even know there are different models. I bought it about 3-4 weeks ago directly frm their website (www.edimensional.com). From what I know there is only one model.Alex

I love the way that VC of yours calculates where the sunlight should fall into the cockpit - and agree that the strip control within the VC is a smart idea. I came across a great review of the 260 in an old Pilot magazine (April '94, I think it was) - it was described as an aerial Ferrari! Nick

I would like to second the praise for the SF260!This is one sweetheart of an airplane! Flies very smoothly and one of the best 2d cockpits ever (reminds me of the Fly! designs).The virtual cockpit is better than any I have seen (including the latest Dreamfleet designs..)Go spend the $25.. you will not regret it. This one is a keeper.

Bert

The Marchetti is awesome with Tracker IR! There is no other way to do a good hammerhead stall IMO. E-dimension is promoting an updated model. I think it is essentially the same as the "old" one that some of us purchased last year except it is gray. I just had to reinstall the Tracker after replacing my harddrive last week and the new drivers work fine with the old model. In either case the price is the same ($119) and the best money I've ever spent on FS. Would you agree, Alex? I haven't gone for the Go Flight stuff because I use multiple monitors and can just as easily put the radiopanels and such on those. If GoFlight can make their units closer in size to the real ones (which are actually quite small), I might take that leap towards a more anatomically correct cockpit.David

"This is one sweetheart of an airplane! Flies very smoothly and one of the best 2d cockpits ever (reminds me of the Fly! designs)"There was no intention to emulate the Fly "feel" in the panels. And of course Fly 2d panels can scroll rather than being fixed as in FS. Sean Moloney is a wizard with panels though, and maybe his attention to detail makes our 2d panels look a little "Fly" like at first glance.Thanks for your nice comments!Rob YoungRealAir Simulations