Sign in to follow this  

US Postal

Hi what does the US Postal Service fly since I think all their 100, 200 fleet 727 are retired?http://www.airliners.net/open.file/274384/L/Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hi Bill,I think most of their airlift is now contacted to FedEx these days. FedEx are able to utilize their fleet in the daytime with this contract.Bruce.

Guest KenG

I believe (based on recent experience) they have gone back to horseback. Long live the pony express! ;-) It's great to send a letter to someone living 100 miles away and have it only take 2 weeks to get there.

Hi Ken,Hey, buddy, be kind!:-) I spent 20 years in the USPS and only once did we go back to horseback (US Highway 50 out of Sacramento got closed due to a mud slide and we did, in fact, utilize horseback). It was a novelty and those letters with a special canceling stamp are collector's items now. I've been retired from the post office for about 5 years now, but I think Bruce is right about FedEx taking some of the contracts.

USPS never owned any aircraft. Those ones painted in USPS colors were operated by contract companies such as ryan, which i believe went tango-uniform. Now just like the other post said fed-ex and the other airlines have mail contracts.