Sign in to follow this  

If I were to modify AFCAD runway length,.........

Hi folks,Just thought of this out of nowhere. I would like to know if changing the runway length in any airport, does this make FS think that the lenghth is what I have changed to but it's factually shorter?For example, actual is 10,000 feet and I change it to 14,000 feet. Talk about default settings, am I right to say FS will assign you to land on this runway (since it's the longest) but when you land, the runway is only 10,000 feet long. Can this be done?Because I was thinking of, in airports like SFO, KLAX, there are many runways and I don't want to land in strong cross winds.For example, 4L is used for departures and 4R is for arrivals. Both 10,000 feet. Wind was 130 at 15. So we'll be landing in cross. There is another runway, say 12, but it's only 6000 feet long, FS will not use it. Can I adjust its lenghth to 10,000 feet, so departure would be 4R and arrival 12?Thanks! alvin

Guest Joshieca

You can adjust it if you like and then the SIM will use the longest one for landing...or using latest ver. of AFCAD you can double click on your runways and turn off the different ends of the runways for landing and departures or have one for departures and no landing and the other for landing and no departures.[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Thanks I know what you mean. But I would want 4L to be active also if winds are favourable. So by doing that I can have arrival runways 12 and 4L depending on wind?Cheers.

Hi ZX,I know what you mean. I am not refering to 12 and 4L to be operating at the same time. Just that if winds favour 12, 12 would be in use for landing wigth 4L closed and vice versa.