Sign in to follow this  

Add-on Aircraft and FS2002 Flight Instruction

Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to use add-on products suchas the Archer II with the flight lessons included in FS2002? Thanks, Dave

Just to keep this bumped: I havn't found a way yet.....I can use default planes with modified air.files okay, but not switch aircraft. I suppose there must be a way by re-naming files, etc. L.Adamson

HI all,The flight lessons are controlled by the flt files in the lessons folder of FS2002.You can open the .flt files in notepad (double click, then "open with" and scroll down till you see notepad). Scroll down the file and you will see an aircraft designator tag like this example:[Plane.0]Aircraft=Cessna Skyhawk 172SPYou can change the aircraft to one of your choice. BUT....first backup the original .flt file and proceed with caution, because there is a lot of complex data in the lesson which is optimised for the aircraft chosen by default. It is possible that for instance a Piper Single engined aircraft with roughly similar specs to the C172 may fly ok with a given lesson, whereas a fast twin may not.Hope this helps.Best Regards,Rob Young

Yes. Here's how you do it:1. Go to your main FS2002 folder (i.e: C:FS2002)2. Go to the LESSONS folder.3. Select the lesson section that you want (for example, STUDENT contains all of the student lessons, PRIV has the private pilot lessons, etc.).4. Right-click one of the lessons (it has to end with .flt) and select open with.5. Scroll down until you see notepad. Click on it and then click OK.6. Scroll down to the section "Plane.0."7. Replace the airplanes title with the one you want.To get the title, go to FS2002/aircraft and the plane you want, let's say for this example, it's the Piper Archer, which is FS2002/aircraft/Flight One PA-28. Open the aircraft.cfg file like you did the lesson file. Look for the "fltsim" section(s) (on the Piper Archer's aircraft.cfg file, it's all the way at the bottom). Look for "title=." Copy everything on that line except for "title=." Now, go back to the lesson file and paste the title so it looks like this:Aircraft=Your Aircraft HereYou should be ready to go.