Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Hey, where is Excel in my new P4.... ?!?#...

...in Windows XP Home Edition? It don't seem to be there!Has MS deleted it as part of "cost savings" ?Or have they just hidden it better?JS

Guest bjjones

Excel doesn't come as standard with Windows you can only get it if you buy it on it's own or as Part of Microsoft Office, if you have got it it will be in "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10", otherwise if you go to the MS website you can download an excel viewer but that only allows you to view and print.Cheers,Ben.(bjones4@lineone.net)

Guest Eagle92395

Yes, Excel is a part of MS Office. WHICH USED TO COME STANDARD, but this stupid anti-trust action made MS decide that if they couldn't ship IE6 and things with it then they'd remove all their software and charge for it. Rumor is next year that IE6 will be a part of Office also, as is Outlook now. Basically MS is getting more profit from this lawsuit than is needed :) Anyways, if you know someone that goes to a college, I got my copy of Win XP Pro, MS Office XP Pro with Frontpage and Access, and Adobe Acrobat from Ohio State (I'm a student...) for $10 each. No joke, I have the reciepts :) ... of course the $15000 tuition/housing is a killer for some.

Excel, Word, Access, etc have never been included in any OS release. They have always been a separate package. Some vendors included them as an enhancement but they have never been a part of the OS, per se.Trip

I've got Microsoft Office, Microsoft Works, and Microsoft Works Suite 2002 (although this item looks as if it has not been loaded, I am not sure). There is a MS spreadsheet somewhere.If I've imported .xls files for FS2002 from my older P3 with Windows 98, should I be able to run the .xls docs from within some of the above stuff I've named?Thanks again!JS