Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Which Driver for ....?

I've an Asus A7V133 (266 mhz. front side bus) with 512 megs of ram and a GForce2 GTS/GForce2 Pro 64 megs, I'm running DirectX 8 and video card drivers 12.41, am wondering if I should upgrade to DirectX 8.1 and a newer set of drivers compatible with this setup, any advices on which ones, reliability is very important to me as this computer is also used for work. Presently I am running FS 2002 with everything to the hilt, except shadows, with a setting of 15 fps., the system pretty much keeps it there, except of course on some very rich sceneries, the blurring is an on off thing, better in some places than others, but more on than off. When flying in some very complex sceneries, some stutering may be present, I do use Enditall at times, but honestly, I can't say that it makes a whole lot of difference, but it helps of course. Advice is welcome, happy flying!!

I would at least update to DirectX8.1b. It is available on Mircosoft's Update Website. You should also install any/all critical updates, and maybe some of the recommended and driver updates.