Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmbtrans

A purposed VA choose to base between LHR and LCY

Guest cmbtrans

Hi guys,My purposed VA, CMB Transit, which is a Semi-LCC providing Virgin-like First Class Suite, 38" Seat Pitch x 20" Seat Width Economy Seatsand normal LCC service with 31-33" Seat Pitch x 18" Seat Width. Toreduce our cost and to provide a fast, convinent service, we are nowthinking about to set up our base in UK in either of the following airports:1. London Heathrow (Most popular, convinent for interchanging, butovercrowded, not very near to Central London and probably expensive,but also capable for Jumbo Aircrafts like A380)2. London City (Convinent for people in Central London and Docklands,small but operation is fast - takes only about 15 minutes from theentrance to the plane, but inconvienent for interchanging and probablyonly capable for smaller planes)As we will provide both Short-Haul (3 hours Maximum) LCC flights using737-900 and Long-Haul Semi-LCC flights using 787-800, which airportsdo you think will be the most suitable, efficient, and cost-efectiveairport for my VA?Thanks for reading!CMB Transit

Guest bruno

Have you thought about Stansted(EGSS) or Gatwick(EGKK) as alternatives ?

Guest cmbtrans

I personally hate both of them coz I live in Bedford myself (andthey are miles away from both my home and London), Luton (EGGW/LTN)may be my very third choice but I'll never choose neither Stansteador Gatwick for my base.ps. Also, Oasis HK Airlines is gonna fly Stanstead from Hong Kongfrom this November anyway.

Guest cmbtrans

Hi guys,According to my own estimation, LCY may not be possible for the landing of Boeing 787 but it may handle some types of 737 I think,therefore I may use London City Airport for Short-Haul Hub and thelist of airports in consideration for the Long-Haul Hub are (in mypreference order):1. London Heathrow (LHR)2. London Luton (LTN)3. London Gatwick (LGW) - Too far away from London, and other nearbycountries in the North.4. London Stanstead (STN) - Too far away from London, nearer to Cambridge than London.I may also base some of my flights in Manchester (1-3 flights/week),and Birmingham/Other nearby alternitives. (If LGW/STN has to be chosen)We will also have our base/hub in New York (JFK/Newark/Nearby Alternitives) for North America and Hong Kong for Short/Medium-Haulflights to China and East Asia/Pacific Area. In this stage wewill concentrate on the London-Hong Kong/New York and Hong Kong-New York flights first.CMB Transit