Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft recommendation needed

I'm planning to add another payware aircraft to my current fleet but since there's a lot out there I have been having problems picking one. I was thinking of getting Realair Simulations new SF.260 (which got really good reviews). I need help picking which one since they all look good(and it's driving me crazy). Need suddestions for single high performance GA aircraft.Thanks,Pluto1168(Kelvin)

The SF260 would be my recomendation. A great performance aircraft. The best flight model of any FS aircraft yet. The Cardinal is nice too, but does not fit a high performance catagory. FSD's Commander would also be a good choice. I have them all and they are all great.Rob

Recently, I've picked up the Dreamfleet ArcherII and Cardinal which are very well done singles. I flew Piper Warriors and Archers, and a few Cessna's for flight training as well as renting them after. It's only natural I'd want these simulated aircraft. The Marchetti 260 is an aircraft I was able to fly in the Air Combat "dogfight" course. It's side by side seating with sticks which is also just what my homebuilt experimental RV6A plane has. There both all aluminum, sliding canopy, high performace aircraft that work well for long cross countries at decent speeds. Both can perform aerobatics, but it's not their main mission. This simulated SF260 is one of the most fun virtual aircraft I've flown. It's spins and sideslips are top notch compared to others. The graphics, VC panel, sounds, and documentaion are also extremely well done. Also very smooth in trimming for near hands off flight. If I could just have one plane, this might be it ......... except I like twins and business type jets also. L.Adamson ---- throwing in a cockpit pic of "someones" RV6

Guest flightpro08

Breaking it down by category:Light GA Aircraft: Dreamfleet Cessna 177B CardinalLarger GA Aircraft: Flight1 Cessna 421C Golden EagleLight Airliner: Dreamfleet Boeing 737-400Heavy Airliner: Pilot in Command 767-300If you're more of an Airbus person, then the Phoenix Simulations Airubs A319/20/21 is also very nice. If you're not much of a Cessna fan, then the Dreamfleet Piper Archer II and the FSD Commander 115T are also excellent aircraft. Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

I agree with some of the other suggestions--The Dreamfleet Cardinal and Flight1 C421 are a win/win combo...Haven't tried any payware airliner aircraft yet, but I'd say anyone recommending the above two aircraft is most likely right on with their airliner suggestions as well...-John

Guest PhilipManwaring

The 421 Golden Eagle is very nice for several reasons:- Airway capable (can operate at up to FL310).- High speed (240 kts TAS).- Great avionics package including a masterful GPS implementation with moving map, direct to function, and awesome working TCAS.- Excellent FDE and beautiful model.Item four is to be expected, but they've really delivered in spades. And items 1-3 make it a great aircraft for online flying since you can fly IFR with the big boys if you choose. IMO, the fact that it's a super high powered a piston twince rather than a turbo prop adds to the exotic nature of this high performance beauty.

can you tell me if the Airbus by phoenix whether the spoilers and reverse thrusts work upon touchdown automatically?

If properly armed, yes. The spoilers will deploy automatically. Reversers are manually engaged (at least that's what I always do, maybe they would have deployed automatically if I hadn't done it).If you have a very very soft touchdown, the computer may not notice you're on the ground but that's no problem.

Spoilers, yes, reverse thrust, no, it has to be engaged manually, but it's just two button presses away (from CLB to idle to MREV) :)

I don't tend to fly the light aircraft so I can only speak from the large airliner point of view but I love the PSS Airbus .. the panel is stunning. I also have 767PIC and you can't go wrong with that either.EnjoyRossNottingham,England

If you like small GA, I would recommend SF260. :)Also, in the larger class, Piper Cheyenne 400 from FSD is real beauty both in visual model and in airfile. :)

I would certainly recommend the FSD Commander & Cheyenne - both are fantastic, originally I flew the Commander non-stop - but now I am finding it hard to keep away from the Cheyenne.I will almost certainly get their Seneca and the CJ1 which RealAir are working on - and considering the SF260 as well.. ..

Thanks for the suddgestions I will think about it a bit more. I find that all your suddgestions are great and will research the planes more. Thanks for the suddgestion for 767PIC since I already have it and its one of the most advance planes I've ever flown in FS2002.Thanks Again,pluto1168(Kelvin)