Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Question on B727 Navigation.

With the excellent B727 panel being released recently, I'm wondering if there's any other way to navigate other then manually tuning the VOR receievers and OBS.?Did any of these aircraft ever do a mainland-Hawaii revenue trip? I recall that Ansett, back in the early '80's, bought some "advanced" B727ER's for trans-Tasman oceanic trips, so I'm guessing that at least an INS system was on-board, if not an FMC of some type. Would this capability be later perhaps than the vintage modelled for FS (and very well done, I may add).Moving away from reality, has anyone been able to slave the B727 to an FS flight plan (GPS, etc.)?Thanks,Bruce.

Guest Twister

Hi Bruce,I'm not sure about the INS in the 727. You can manually slave the autopilot to your GPS flight plan.Just swith the mode selector to AUX.CheersTwister