Sign in to follow this  

Better with autorudder of and pedals ??

I have been considering to invest in a CH rudderpedals.I have tried turning of autorudder and using the twisthandle onNS Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick. I must say it was very awkvardto control the aircraft. Therefore I would like to ask will it be easywith rudderpedals? Is it giving some extra experience regarding realism and better control? I would say that with a Joystick theanswer is NO. It only made it almost impossible to control the aircraft (I had the standard Cessna). Will the money for the CH rudder pedals be worth spending?

Yes, get them. Rudder pedals have a greater degree of movement and are therefore not as sensitive as the twist grip. Rudder pedals are also actually what you would find on an airplane. Pedals will allow you to land with a crosswind much easier.

Yes - rudder pedals, especially the type like the CH Pro Pedals, make the Sim much more realistic. Expect to practice a while to get the feel of coordinated turns (you can check this by making sure the ball is centered on the turn and slip gauge). Used with FSUIPC, you can get toe brakes with proportional braking, great for taxi and ground handling of tail draggers. Get the USB version - very easy to install and calibrate.

Rudder Pedals, No doubt about it its worth the money. I really love those toe brakes.jim

To add to all the others, ditch the 'twisty stick' approach and get some pedals.I started off with the SideWinder FF and could not live with the rudder control nor the throttle, as soon as spare money allowed I bought a Saitek X36 combo, a big improvement in both throttle and rudder.Last year I could finally afford pedals and they made a big improvement on the already acceptable Saitek rudder control.As someone else posted, get the right ones and you get toe braking as well.

I've been fighting with my MSFF Sidwinder and am sick to death of twisting it for the rudder. I ordered the CH yoke and pedals a couple days ago and can't wait to get them.KP

Guest Andrew

I agree with the above posts ,I got the USB CH Rudder Pedals and was so happy with them I had to get the CH Yoke as well. Once set up correctly I can say honestly I would not want to use FS2002 without them.Andrew

>I agree with the above posts ,I got the USB CH Rudder Pedals >and was so happy with them I had to get the CH Yoke as well. >Once set up correctly I can say honestly I would not want to >use FS2002 without them. I think I have only read good things about the rudder pedals but theCH Yoke is another thing. Here I have read many complains about it lack of smoothe movements (it get stuck) in spite of grease.

I have both CH yoke and pedals. As far as the yoke goes no problems! jim