Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

the dash 7

just want to thank miltom shupe, joao paz and all the dash 7 project team for this amizing aircraft thenk you!!!

Guest Milton

Thank you IAI... our pleasure. Glad you are enjoying the Dash 7. :-)Milton

Let me say, because I haven't said it enough yet, I love this plane! I've been looking for a good multi-purpose turboprop regional commuter, and this one is it. I can think of all kinds of great situations to fly it in, and the STOL capabilities are not to be believed in such a large aicraft! Definitely a great bush cargo/people hauler.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest PhilipManwaring

Milton,I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this aircraft. You guys have made this simmer very happy. It's been a real feast of great addons of late, but this is easily one of the finest FS aircraft I've experienced in terms of the overall balance of the package. It's beautiful, but frame rates are also good, the panel is great without being overwhelming, the flight model is interesting and fun to fly, and the sound package is just marvellous. Bravo,Philip.

I think it's about time I jumped on this bandwagon ;) Thank you so much guys!!! I am having the time of my life with this plane!!! Can't wait for the repaints to start rolling out! :) Cheers guys!George

Guest dek

Double ditto for me! Great job guys! If you are ever around Columbus, Ohio and want to check it out by air, let me know. dek

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I believe I did already thank you, but what the H, I'll do it again! :D This is easily one of the most outstanding FS planes to come out this year - right on par with Simubuild's A340 and PA's A320. Geez, I never believed prop flying could be so much fun before I loaded the -7 onto my system. Well, okay, I'd say it goes right along with Rick Piper's Viscount - don't want to put anybody off here ;-) . One thing's for sure, though - this baby is really a "pilot's aircraft"! :DS!

Me too!! Thanks a lot for these superb aircraft!!!!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Totally agree! This is a really great addition to FS2002. I would like to express my appreciation to all those that contributed to this extremely well done model..........regards

Guest Milton

Thank you all very much for these very nice comments. :-)I will say that there is so much yet that can be done. We held back many features just so we could release this girl and allow others to enjoy her as we have since May.We were so fortunate to have a great team of seasoned FS veterans from all backgrounds, six real world pilots, and another excellent external beta RW pilot. The two Dash 7 pilots were instumental in nudging (okay, whipping) us toward realism. Their input and feedback were exciting while very critical as if their passengers and their own lives depended on the flight dynamics and panel being right.As my first project, learning curves slowed it all down, but I tried to compensate with long hours and lots of coffee. ;-) Scott's many hours and versions of the panel paid off. Everything just kept getting better and better, yet the to-do list wasn't getting shorter, it was getting longer for me. LOLThen Joao Paz started his textures and the Dash 7 came to life. Now the struggle became whether to fly her or to look at her; inside or outside. So, I decided, when he finishes the textures, we will release the aircraft, first version. I had to cut off the detail and features somewhere and that was a logical breaking point.So we shuffled around the features list, changed up the delivery schedule and here we are.Scott is already working on new panel features, stuff you will like a lot I think, and if things go as we hope, there will be some very nice new real Dash 7 functionality added as well.Bernt Stolle recorded authentic Dash 7 sounds for us and if I can muster the wherewithall, I'll include them in the next release. The current awesome sound package was done by Aaron Swindle and modified with his permission to better match up with the Dash 7.I'll be honest guys, I am not looking forward to doing the virtual cockpit. Scott and I did a proof of concept model and I see it is going to be a challenge. Getting all the things to work is not an issue; getting it to look real is much harder. The Dash 7 VC will be more at realism, less at pretty.With all that said, I need a break here for a week or two before starting up the release 2 features. All those simultaneous learning curves wrinkled my brain. lolMeanwhile, I am trying to stay up with support and make a few air file corrections, enjoy the new repaints, and answer the email.For all the team, I thank you very much for the warm comments. Have fun and we'll keep you informed of progress on the Dash 7 website.Kind RegardsMilton Shupe