Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob I

New Dash 7 AOA

Guest Bob I

Hi simmers,During cruise flight, the AI indictes that the aircraft has a 7.5 degree nose up attitude. Can one of you real Dash 7 pilots verify that this is correct? It seems to be a bit hight from my experience with type of aircraft. One or two degrees would be the norm. Any one know how to adjust the fuselage attitude if it is wrong?Regards,Bob IAlias=Layabout

Guest Milton

Hi Bob,If you look closely, I believe it is reading 2.5 - 3 degrees unless you are seeing something different than me. That gauge spreads the scale out a bit.At full weight and altitude, the norm for the Dash 7 is about +5 degrees at cruise. With less weight, it drops.I'll have to go back through my notes, but I'm sure that is what Bernt Stolle (former Dash 7 pilot and Dash 7 team member) gave me as the guideline.If I find out differently, I'll come back to you here.Edited: Just found the email from Bernt. +5 degrees is correct at ~40,000 at 135KIAS. BTW, 185 KIAS is hard to attain at that weight in RW. More at 145-155KIAS is norm for that weight at altitude.Milton

Guest Bob I

Hi Milton,Thanks for the data, she is right on the numbers then. At max fuel, I got 6 degrees at 145 indicated, and as the fuel decreased, so did the pitch angle. Thanks again.Regards,Bob I