Sign in to follow this  
spilok

If we truly lived in the FS2002 world......

IF we truly lived in the FS2002 world.....We would need four wheel drives to drive along the major highways (with no center lines) to get over hills and mountains.We would all live in large block houses. We would only see 4 or 5 kinds of trees. What else?

Guest brewmaster

The morning news would report expected FPS for the day based on weather, AI traffic, and current drivers installed. Brewmaster

Well I'm happy enough, I have to say. Particularly as those very shortcomings are addressed by many marvellous add-ons owning to FS' open architecture. I am continually amazed that for 70 bucks or less I can fly the world, 22,000 airports and so on.Try the South Island of New Zealand if you want to get away from the houses for a while! Put some NZ mesh and Landclass in first, and then do some cruising out of Queenstown or Mount Cook. Magnificent!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

We wouldn't need a license or any training to fly a plane, could crash them in neglectful fashion and walk away without a scratch, and most importantly could have any aircraft imaginable for a one time investment of $40 and operate at no cost.I wouldn't mind living in that world! :-lolhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

We would all be "Gatesists" (even the Mac users) and attend our houses of worship to thank Lord Bill for generating our world, providing for our transportation needs, creating the sun, wind, clouds, and rain, and plead that he not smite us with a "crash to desktop". ;-)David

"We would need four wheel drives to drive along the major highways (with no center lines) to get over hills and mountains.We would all live in large block houses. We would only see 4 or 5 kinds of trees."I live in Arizona.... Throw a rock, and you hit a 4WD. To battle the heat, a block house really helps.... My first home here was one... Trees?:)-John

Every day, there would be 20 mid-air collisions, 40 planes crashing into the ground on final and 7839 near-misses.Everyone would need glasses because the ground would just be one big blur.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Sure computers have come a long way in a short time and much is possible. We expect perfection and Fs2002 could probably stand to be better BUT I offer these images as a gentle reminder of just how much better it has become in the past few years.This is from fs5. I had to root around some old boxes to find the 2 floppies required to install it. That's Chicago btw heading towards Meigs.When you see where we came from you have to admit it can be pretty good as it stands. I must be getting old and easy to please but when you compare, it's not all THAT bad really is it?Brian

Amen - even if FS200x included its own Pentium 7 processor at 10,000 mhz, an enclosed cockpit with real switches, gauges and levers, photoreal scenery for the entire world (and a 768 mb video card to run them), there would be people that would still find something to complain about it and would still poke fun at Uncle Bill (whom without, we would have no standardized operating system, nor would we have FS200x, and bla bla bla).

That is amazing! I have never seen what the older sims look like, only been simming for 2 years! It HAS come a long way! WOW! :-)

Best, Michael

KDFW

Old sims???? That was a recent version! Somewhere here must have a screenshot of the monochrome original.David

Guest brewmaster

I have to agree that FS2k2 is an amazing product and the series has indeed come a long way. I dont really see this as FS bashing, just poking fun at the quirks of the game. So...Here is another one. There would only be 12 possible voices that everyone in the world would have. Rather than talking we would choose what we want to say from a menu of numbers.Our world would also be dramatically updated every 2 years or so as well.Brewmaster

We would though have the ability to change planes in mid flight :). The abilty to change the weather and the time of day. Though when we woke up in the morning we would be at the same place every day.Matt

At the touch of a button next year could be here in a matter of minutes (Handy If you like Birthday Presents).You could get an instant replay of that great Sex you had last night.Everywhere in the world would look underdeveloped and desolate except for America.Before you opened your eyes in the morning you would see a splash screen complete with Microsoft Logo.Your car would need a 9 Litre engine at full revs just to overcome the friction on your drive.Every two years Aliens would come during the night and transform the earth into a new wonderous paradise.

""Everywhere in the world would look underdeveloped and desolate except for America""". Isn't that how it is in real life?? That made me laugh. :).Matt