Sign in to follow this  
Guest mberg

Anybody get low engine oil pressure warnings?

On some aircraft, I get a low engine oil pressure warning light come on occasionally. When it does , the gauge reading for that particular engine seems to be OK - but the low pressure oil light on the annunciator and the master warning light illuminates.Any ideas - I suspect a bug.Thanks Barry

Guest PhilipManwaring

Yep - sometimes. Since the guage looks OK and everything keeps working I just ignore it. Probably not a habbit to carry over into real world flying!

Guest Milton

Barry,We do experience that issue with the Dash 7 Oil Pressure gauge annunciator light. Though I can adjust it out, I preferred to have the pressure reading correctly with that occasional flickering than have the pressure read incorrectly. As we didn't have the source code for the gauge, we couldn't investigate the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.Milton

It's not a problem Milton -- it happens on other aircraft as well. In fact, it kind of fits into real life (as per another post here) in a way. I had a life in the Australian Airforce as a ground Aircraft electrical mechanic and a radio Officer before my next life in the Australian navy (this was all before my life in Civvy street which in turn was before my current life as a retired gentleman) :) During these previous lives (all in the electrical/electronic technical world ) , strange things which defied all training and logic used to happen intermittantly. I would like a dollar for every time a pilot returned to the flightline with a report of some light flickering for no apparent reason!! :)Barry

He He He......as I like to tell Milton...Hey, whattya expect...the aircraft is 30 years old!!

Guest Milton

Barry,That's pretty much what Bernt Stolle relayed in testing ... intermittent lights were kind of the norm, not ignored, but they happened.Milton

Guest mberg

Most annoying warning light--real world--41000' msl, Mach 1.74, F-111A,Wings Swept 74dCANOPY UNLOCK LIGHTThrottles idlespeed brakes-outWings forwarddepressurize--below 50000oxygen EmergencyDeclare inflight emergencyEjection Procedure reviewedTurns out--squat switch not adjusted properly on canopy rail for pressurization and high speed flight--and some weird ear problems

>Most annoying warning light--real world--41000' msl, Mach >1.74, >F-111A,Wings Swept 74d >>>CANOPY UNLOCK LIGHT >>Throttles idle >speed brakes-out >Wings forward >depressurize--below 50000 >oxygen Emergency >Declare inflight emergency >Ejection Procedure reviewed Couldn't you have simply unscrewed the light bulb?? :)Barry

Guest mberg

not with my hands and feet outside the a/c trying to slow it down