Sign in to follow this  

Engines on Dash 8 version 2 WILL NOT start.

Sorry fellows but this is driving mad (be a hatter soon!!):-newburnI am able to start the Dash 8 engines only by using Ctrl+Shift+F4 ONLY in version 1.I have tried over and over following the Sample flight but when I get to the moving the cursor above the right condition switch I get the hand and a + sign but nothing happens when I click the mouse???At least I am able to fly with version 1 and might I add what a pleasure it is, super in fact. I am able to take off and land (using auto pilot for the landing) very well but things did go a bit pear-shaped when we touched down!!!!!!!However now with Version 2 I am not able to start the engine AT ALL which is a great dissapointment, no matter what I do, and I have tried Soooooooooo.... many times, I just cannot get the engines to fire even with the Ctrl+Shift+F4 trick.My system is Athlon 1.3, Geforce4 T4200/128meg, 384meg of RAM, fsuipc 2.90 , and my Operating system is Windows XP Home.Is anybody else having this trouble or is it just me.It would be really great if someone could :-zhelp with this problem and I thank you in advance if you can. I have emailed Oleksiy Frolov only yesterday and hope to hear from him soon. I mentioned also how nice it would be if in the next version he could maybe make the ADI and HSI enlarge when the mouse is clicked on them or a button like in the new Dash 7 just released. It would sure my old eyes. regardsRichard Binns

Rich,I have no trouble starting the engines ... not what you want to hear, but here is a suggestion ... when N1 reaches 20% try CTL+F4 ... this should bring condition lever to max ... you can then fiddle with condition lever on your yoke or use CTL+F3 to decrease the condition lever to the bottom or to min .. wherever you want. Make sure the brakes are set.I'm sure you have followed all the procedures:ext AC and DC power on, batteries, all those switchesfuel pumpsfans OFFignition to normalswitch to 2, click on selectspools up .. try CTL+f4Worth a try.I have done 10 miserable circuits ... but am actually getting better, finally intercepted the VOR and only bounced 30 feet on landing rather than 100feet ... hehehehe ..This is really an amazing piece of software ... I have been flying only PIC, DF737 and the PSSA320 for the last year ... imagine my surprise ...Maybe you can help me ... I still cannot read the flap gauge or throttle panel with the flap lever ... can you tell me what the flap settings are ... I have figured out FULL .... hhahahaha ... what are the settings (stops) 1,5,15,25,30??? Do you know the normal cruise speed??? Max cruise I found is 295kts, I found that info on some webpage ... but not normal cruise.Good luck and thanks!Paul BenoitKBOS

>>Do you know the normal cruise speed??? Max cruise I found >is 295kts, I found that info on some webpage ... but not >normal cruise. I follow the instruction in the test flight that says to cruise at around 80%prop torque, 900 RPM prop and 200 knots IAS revs. I was having trouble landing this aircraft - until I realised that I was being a bit too cautious on approach , if you lose airspeed, it becomes very unhappy!! :0 I was crashing and burning on my landings short of the runway because (I think) I have not been paying sufficient attention to airspeed on approach . Damn - I hate flying turbo-props and jets -- so unresponsive to the throttle!!!! Maybe I should stick to flying big twin props like the DC3s.Barry

Hi there Paul,You asked what the flap setting are on this great machine, they are 5,15 and 35.I still have no luck getting those engines started in fact I have given up. Have gone back to version 1. Its all very strange.Thanks for your help.RegardsRichard