Sign in to follow this  
Guest pumrigar

Malpensa - magnificent!

Hi Folks,Once again we are blessed with a truly great scenery add on (freeware by the way). Malpensa (Italy) is a work of art. Extremely good buildings, taxiways, statics, and an innovative de-iceing area.Night lighting is beautiful.Many thanks to the developers at ISD project.Download from this site: http://www.isdproject.com/The site is in Italian and English.Have fun,Howard

Guest Stamatis

I have problems with its Windows Installer. Ir reports that my version of Windows does not support the installer used, and I am not about to upgrade my entire operating system just to... install a scenery. A pity.How substantial is the impact on frame rates?Stamatis

Howard, I had a look at the screenshots on the ISD-site - this scenery looks awsome! I allways wonder, how add ons like this can be for FREE!!??I'm going to download it tonight.BTW, what effect has the scenery on performance/fps on your system?RegardsWolfgang

Guest Toni Rauch

I agree with Howard - it's a fabulous scenery area.Congratulations (and thanks) to the developers.:-) Regarding framerates, I did not see any impact at all on my system with this airport (P4 1.8 & GFORCE 4400) - it's very framerate friendly and there was no problem with the installer (XP Pro).Toni.

Indeed, it's right up there with the best of payware, simply stunning for a freeware production. Now...anyone worked out what to nuke to get rid of the statics? I just can't stand the things :)

Ah, that's great news dudes, I've been at LIMC actually two times and I gotta be there quite soon again (hopefully).Just a few words about a great day, it was the Jan 3rd 2001, LH3822 EDDF-LIMC. I've been riding in the jumpseat of an A320, with no 300m visibility when approaching runway 35L at Malpensa... at night! It was an unforgettable flight, and the crew let me stay in the flight deck from block off to block on. :-hah The other time, somewhen beginning June 2000 I think, we flew an (almost empty) Alitalia MD-83, but not too spectacular, a daytime flight, and no cockpit ride... :-)Etienne :-wave

>I have problems with its Windows Installer. Ir reports that >my version of Windows does not support the installer used, >and I am not about to upgrade my entire operating system >just to... install a scenery. A pity. >>How substantial is the impact on frame rates? >>Stamatis You don't need to upgrade your operating system, you only need to upgrade the Microsoft installation package (MSI) take a look to our FAQ in the forum http://www.isdproject.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=130

Guest pumrigar

I agree & many thanks for this. It looks even better combined with the mesh from Lago.Pesi

Guest Stamatis

Thank you very much for pointing this out to me!Stamatis

To clear all the static Aircraft from LIMC delete the file limc2002H.bgl Best regards!

Hi Wolfgang,The scenery takes quite a hit on frame rates with my system (PIII, 1 gig, 512mb Ram, GForce 2 mx400). The hit is mainly while I'm taxiingand not too bad while approaching or landing. I have scenery density at it's max and ATC on 0.One funny thing is that while taxiing in dense areas I sometimes find that my aircrafts texture becomes blurred. BUT, when looking out of a virtual cockpit I really get the feeling that I'm at a major busy airport. The designers did a wonderful job. This scenery has LOTS of good static objects which makes it come alive. I like it so much that I can live with the slower frane rates.By the way, try exploring the entire airport in a helicopter. Great views!Howard