Sign in to follow this  
Guest emergency_pants

Monitor Help

Hi I just wanted to know if anybody can help with a problem with my monitor. It has these very faint lines going across the screen after I installed drivers for my video card. Is there any way to clear these up? It was very clear before when I had the default drivers installed but I cant go back to those because they dont work with the video card I have now. It is very annoying when playing a game like this. I'll post a screenshot so you know what I mean. Sorry for the size it was the only way you could really see the lines. Thanks alot for any helphttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d869d45194c164c.jpg

The lines you might be seeing might be the two thin wires that you get with Trinitron and Diamondtron screens.. Maybe you didnt notice them so much before but as they are actually built into the monitor you wont be able to remove them.I cant seem to see the lines in the picture so Im assuming that is what it is.Craig Kiltie

Try do adjust brtghtness and contrast on your monitorThis can be achieved by driver software in some casesIf thats dont work --adjust G2 voltage trom inside your monitorUsualy bottom most potenciometer located on the flybackOnly small adjustment needed in most cases --so be carefoolJoseph

Guest emergency_pants

I don't see any lines!I agree with Craig that they could be the wirelines on your diamondtron screen???? I have them on mine. Two of them... one quarter and three quarters of the way down the screen. Very very faint. They're supposed to be there.Put your old graphics card back in and see if they're still there, then I guess you'll know for sure.Cheers,Simon.