Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

No time left for sim-flying itself!!??

Changing Landclasses (thanks JohnCi :-)), downloading planes, looking for panels fo these planes, downloading scenery, trying to get old senery to run properly on FS2002, the same with old planes and panels, creating new taxiways, creating new parking spots, creating ai flightplanes, changing system settings, tweaking here and there, trying to repaint aircrafts, editing aircraft.cfgs, FS2002.cfg, cfgs in general, off course reading and posting in sim-forums, reading sim-news, and...and...and...No time left for sim-flying itself! :-lolWolfgang

jerrycwo4Your 100% correct. These are TWO hobbies that are connected. YOU have to decide how much time is spent on each ! Jerry

Guest Scott Campbell

Wow! I need to give that a try some day! What a cool new feature. Where do I get the add-on for that? ;-)

That's why I usually don't download anything for months at a time.Download stuff for a few weeks, install it all, then fly for 4 months or so without so much as looking at what's being released.

Wow, I can't let myself get behind like that! I was away this weekend at a wedding, and I still haven't caught up yet with all the great uploads this weekend. It's like a full time job! A fun job, though :) It's really amazing how FS never gets boring. There's no other game like it.Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/ERJ.jpg

Guest Boone

It's true - there's no other game like it!I have IL2 and Ghost Recon, both fab games but I still spend most of my time on FS. I even get really ###### with it, especially when (as I'm sure we've all experienced) I've had one of those evenings when everything goes wrong and I've wasted 4 hours doing nothing!I think the overall reward though is awesome. Like the other day, I forgot all about PAI, AFCAD, FSUIPC, FSW, etc. etc., downloaded Posky's new CRJ, flew out of Vegas early evening and my heart skipped a beat. It was absolutley beautiful. I felt like I was flying.Boone

I used to play a variety of computer games. Now they are all collecting dust except for FS2002. I have found it to be a hobby unto itself and keeps me very busy with just that. It is great for exploring, building and great community of flightsimmers. I always make time to fly and am very selective about the planes I download. If I know it is one that I will use again and again, I will get it. If not, I will pass it by. Many planes I have tried once and then deleted it even if it was a pretty good plane. I only keep the best of the best and I still have a large fleet of planes to choose from there, are so many good ones out there.

Dont forget that with fs u can also drive a car and navigate in the oceans.

Guest BMarcoux

I know what you mean. Thought I had gotten everything the way I wanted. Now I've gone and made a deal to purchase a home cocpit (See ZLink) Now I see nothing but wiring, programming, wiring, programming in my future ;)http://members.rogers.com/cockpits/