Sign in to follow this  

Using a Flight Plan from Saved Flight _Why is this so h

Hi, Can you help me with this dilemma. For the sake of realism I would like to start my flights with the engine off etc. so I use a shutdown saved flight. But this means I must create a flight plan from that point not from the startup menu. However, when I do so my plane is always moved in many cases to the active runway or one of the available ones. I know that I can select the GA location but 1) that is not always an option at all airports and 2)that menu is only in the Create a Flight Menu Selection which I do not want to be in since then I will start with engine running etc. I tried unsuccessfully to outwit this thing by creating a flight plan with my next several flights as waypoints. I began with my saved position and flew to the first waypoint airport on my flightplan, saved that postion expecting to continue at another time from that airport, however, when I tried to exit I recieved the message that the flight plan could not be loaded. I am using the MSFS Flight Planner and flying the Dreamfleet Cardinal which it is suggested be not loaded as the default plane. Thanks for any solutions,Joe Hallstein

JoeGet Fsuipc .. or, if if you already have it check the box named no reposition on GPS flight plan load.... and the problem is solved.:-)Pete

Joe, what you need is FSUIPC, the newer releases have an option,( under the technical tab ) that prevents the the fs2002 flight planner moving your aircraft from its current location.Just tick the box marked "no reposition on gps plan load" and wherever you create a flight plan to your aircraft will not move location. Hope this is what you are after. Steve

Thanks a lot for the FSUIPC idead. Where can I get it? Are there any known conflicts? Do I have to delete anything to install?Thanks again,Joe Hallstein

Hi again Joe, I'll see if I can beat Pete this time!:) You'll find FSUIPC in the avsim library, just search on the name.It is a doddle to install and has loads of useful features, a lot of the latest panels and utilities actually require you to have it installed for them to work properly. Steve