Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

KPDX ILS 28L is Fixed

Well for all of you KPDX FBO pilots someone finally took charge of the blatent error of our great freinds at MSLOP in regaurds to the missaligned ILS 28L and fixed the bloody thing......My Hat is off today to Mr.John Kramer he has joined Mr Page Cline as a great hero in the flightsimming community, there contributions return the fun back to this lifestyle.This file can be found in the WHATS NEW section of AVSIMs Library.Here's a screeny for ya.........Thanks Johnhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Tell you what, after you code up 22,000 airports. Then you can talk about slop and blatent errors.

Guest jase439

Great shot, although I'm sure someone from the FAA would like to visit with you about those deployed spoilers on final approach ;-)

Guest flightpro08

Easy guys, he's just trying to get the word out about the fix. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Rob said......Then you can talk about slop and blatent errors. Rob its not about the blatent errors its become more of a issue on how MS handled the problems within FS2K2. I have heard so much hunkie B_ about the VOR/LOC in FS2k2 and the aircraft drifting/seeking the course OBS on AP and how MS wanted it to be realiistic well if it takes a real 737 or 747 50 to 70 mile to stablize on course I am never going to fly real world again..the GS issue is another day's topic.I was one of those who was calling MSFS tech Support in the early days of NOV about KPDXs 28L appropach and KBOS ILS as well and did not get very far, in fact I made well over 20 phone calls to MSFS TS about this and a couple of other issues...at one point MS Mantra was we are working on a Service Pack right now that will fix KPDX and other issues well today is 1 month and 2 day's shy of MSFS 2k2 release and no SP yet, but I remember 5 months ago they said it was TIME TO MOVE ON....well I will give them GRACE this time around and expect that MSFS2k4 be perfect as they have been able to direct %100 of their time to it since they MOVED ON...oh if they would have listen to their well qualified BETA TESTERS( I know of 2 airline Capt. and three Payware developers who are pilots that were on the team and expressed concerns about these issues) They might have just got it right...I don't think the Twin Towers was the real excuse for MSFS2k2 1 month delay as much as they were trying to SLOP FS2k2 to gether and get it to shelvesMy 10 cents worth again...im up to $3.40 on this topic.Oh those PWare developers were able to fix within reasonable tollerance the VOR/LOC issue within their product, MS could have done the same.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

We might know a few of the same people. I have a good buddy who's a Lear captain who was on the team. He left in disgust after 12 months. The attitude on the civilian "non-flying" part of the team was...close enough for government work.What I get tired of is the "excuses" everyone makes for MS in lieu of craftsmanship and professionalism. I'm a little older than most, but I remember when craftsmanship and pride in ones work were standard and no excuses were needed. Your quality of work was reflected in your product. I don't care if it "only" costs $65 dollars as many like to explain away. If you're calling it as real as it gets, you'd better be able to back it up with your work.Your observations on payware and freeware artists who are able to improve, let alone fix the problems are spot on. If these so called "hacks" can fix it quickly, what's MS excuse? Laziness and profit me thinks.In summation...let me put it in aviation terms. I'm sure as heck glad the real world guys up front don't rely on "close enough...time to move on".Eagle

I don't usually get into these threads but I have to agree with Eagle on this one. Right on ! ! ! ! ! When our good friends that provide FREE panels, aircraft, sounds, etc.can outdo the "experts" in Seattle then there is something to be said about M$ products.The first thing I did when I bought 2002 was to go on the web and find things to make it work.I would hate to know how many times I have re-installed 2k2 because of some stupid quirk in the progam.mee tooooo

Oh that's right....where are our manners? We forgot you are so fully qualified, all knowing, all seeing in all aspects of the universe itself to deem your opinion above all others. We kneel before your wisdom and presence Oh Holy One. How dare we forget it was you yourself who planned, produced, packaged and above all supervised the entire process of creating FS2002. We stand corrected. We know nothing. We kneel before your infinite wisdom.Yawn.........

"....We stand corrected. We know nothing. We kneel before your infinite wisdom...."Why do these discussions always have to fall apart, with each side either debunking the other, or trying their best to cry "foul" when someone offers a valid opinion? Why do you think Avsim has yanked half these threads? I think it's either time to lock this one, or pull it. These points are givens-- The ILS is fixed. MS made mistakes. Big software firms sometimes ignore their beta testers. FS is complicated.It doesn't take someone on the MS team to see that.If no patch is such a strong issue--vote with your $$$ and don't purchase CFS3 or FS2004.... In the past three years, I've lost a father, seen my grandmother confined to a nursing home in a coma, and have had to watch my wife suffer through a corneal transplant to slow progression of her blindness.Yet I count myself lucky, considering the people who are maimed or killed every day in aviation accidents alone. I still have my wife, who can at least see my face and our daughter's. Here we argue over who is right over a friggin' ILS, and rarely discuss the real joys in life that relate to our hobby. How many have obtained their PPL's, based on FS's inspiration?These arguments seem pretty petty, in comparison. Sorry--just had to blow off some steam..... Time to move on...., IMHO-John

"In the past three years, I've lost a father, seen my grandmother confined to a nursing home in a coma, and have had to watch my wife suffer through a corneal transplant to slow progression of her blindness."Just what the ???? does this have to do with quality of a product? I've survived an airline layoff, prostate cancer and my bloody dog dying. So have I equated this with the FS community or it's products? Do you realize how utterly ridiculous your response is? Save the bleedingheart feel good stories for other boards that deal with "feelings". The fact is, I reserve the right to express my dissatisfaction with a product I paid good money for upon claims of expert deliverance. That is my RIGHT as a consumer and I do not have to subscribe to any of your views because you deem it necessary to accept anything less. If you or RobRoy don't care for my opinion, then keep your mouths shut and mind your own business, Otherwise, expect to be countered with testing and opinions opposed to yours, and in the future try to engage in discussion about FS, not your families trials and tribulations. We all have our crosses to bear son. Keep it in perspective.Move on??? How about grow up and get a clue. It's about quality and craftsmanship. Not personal problems.

"...Move on??? How about grow up and get a clue...."You know, if you want to trade insults that's fine... But you just go to prove my point, and your comments just add to your pettiness.As far as minding my own business, you do not get to pick and choose where I get to post, Son.... You expressed an opinion, I expressed mine. 'nuff saidI should add...where the heck were you when I first raised the issue of no patch shortly after FS's release? I was bashed right and left on these forums. Multiplayer is still broken. But I've grown to work with what I have, as I am in a very tiny minority that feels FS has issues that need to be fixed BEFORE FS2004. Why don't you search the archives and find out a bit about my feelings on the subject before trading insults.... I even traded blows with Tom over this issue, but life goes on...we need to keep this forum from becoming like "the other place" where bashing is the norm, on both sides... And I saw no need to go over MY medical history, but I feel for you, being a fellow cancer survivor. My five years was up in June. Melanoma. Any other personal **** you want to share?

Guest RiddlePilot

Hmm, I think its time for the mods to lock this thread and swallow the key.Grown up babies is what this place is coming to. We're all simmers together. We all have opinions like we all have $%&holes, so lets just accept the fact that things aren't and never will be perfect.

Thanks for stepping in Travis... I agree. I was a bit incensed when I saw the author in question flame someone for his thoughts. At least when he flamed me, he was an equal opportunity flamer :)BTW, about your sig.... Do you already have your PPL? I took lessons almost 18 years ago, but I found my dreams were a bit bigger than my wallet. Now that my dreams are only "Slightly" bigger than my wallet, I've thought about taking it up again before retirement is forced on me. :)

Guest RiddlePilot

Yes, I have my PPL as well as Instrument and working on my commercial as we speak. You're right though, the wallet has to be pretty fat to fly, ESPECIALLY here. But thats what student loans are for :D :-yellow1 Our commercial lab instructor was telling us when he learned to fly about 40 years ago, he got his private license for about 400 bucks. Aircraft rental was a mere 3 or 4 bucks an hour. He was mad at himself because he didn't spend the 100 bucks to pick up his seaplane rating.