Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

KPDX ILS 28L is Fixed

>>>Grown up babies is what this place is coming to. We're all simmers together. We all have opinions like we all have $%&holes, so lets just accept the fact that things aren't and never will be perfect.<<<http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

"....he got his private license for about 400 bucks...."Bill Lyons has a great freeware Jenny. I've often thought about how exciting it must have been in the days you could pick up a surplus Jenny and barnstorm your way through the country. How times have changed, eh?One of the challenges in getting a PPL here in AZ is the summer. Many G/A pilots don't go up during the summer...the chop is just too challenging and uncomfortable. One of my former CIO's used to have his PPL. He was transferred to our Phoenix office, and was in a deep funk. He said his "flying season" was cut to six months--he wouldn't dare go up in the summer.

SimMan...I really don't have as big of an issue with your post. I felt the topic spiralled out of control when another author decided that the only way to show dissatisfaction with FS, was to take some hits on another author. I think the community needs to understand that some of us feel MS's "no patch" talk is bunk. Multiplayer is hopeless--they tried to roll too much into it since FS98, broke it in FS2000, and never fixed it in FS2002.In spite of that, I can still find ways to enjoy FS2002. And I also feel that it's a steep requirement to assume that they can get 20000+ airports perfect. How about landclasses? How the heck can they miss Carson City/Gardnerville, an urban area of over 100,000 souls? They missed it in FS2000, I emailed them about it, and it was still missing in FS2002. I finally got fed up and wrote Landclass Assistant.... Now I have a global group of friends working with me, transforming FS's rendition of cities over the entire world. Rather than fuss about it, I went out and offered a fix. My point--MS has made mistakes, but we shouldn't add to it as a community by dissing those that want a patch, or dissing those that don't...

Guest RiddlePilot

I'm very upset that Daytona Beach doesn't have the speedway next to the airport. I agree with JohnCi, we're all entitled to our opinions, and of course our opinions will be disagreed with by other opinion makers. Its just the way it goes, but we don't have to take it into the verbal boxing ring.