Sign in to follow this  

What's going on? Help please.

Not sure what I've done (other than upgrade my video card to a Ti4200 and install the XP upgrade), but I've suddenly got two new glitches I've never had before since day 1 with FS2002.1) In full screen mode, ALT pauses the game but no longer brings up the display menu?? I've searched for it at the top, behind, and wherever, and can't find how to bring the menu up......2) This is really strange....My sound is fine, except backwards in FS2002. When I pan right, I hear more sound out of my left speaker. When playing radio/cds on my computer, right and left corresponds to my amplifier controls correctly.Any suggestions appreciated, especially with the hidden menu. Steve J.

Steve,Many people are finding that full screen anti aliasing on nVidia cards causes the menu to disappear. You can either disable it in the display properties dialog, or you can try upgrading your driver to the 40.41 detonators if you haven't done so already. I'm fairly confident the first solution will work, and mildly confident about the second, as it works for me.Hope that helps...say if it doesn't, there are other possibilities, although less likely, I suspect.Jesse

Steve - It looks like there is a glitch between SP1 and the GF4 drivers. Either disabling FSAA or setting it to 4X should get the menu bar back for you when in fullscreen mode. I think the sound is OK. You should get more on the left speaker when panning right. Think of it in terms of where your left ear is in relation to the engine when you turn your head to the right (don't ask about a twin :-) ).Trip

Jesse & Trip -Thanks for your quick replies. Ok on the sound....I guess I had just never noticed it that way.Problems on the driver front, however. Based on our forum correspondence the last few days, I decided to go for the 40.41s, and all is working ok again in FS2002--all menus working, etc. I was getting low fps with Anti-alaising, but when I turned it off I was back up to 20fps in virtual cockpit (172 at Meigs) with almost everything maxed.Then I ran into flashing textures on the beta of a golf game I'm testing, and when I checked my 3DMark2001SE score I had gone DOWN from 9400 (with 30.82) to 6800 (AMD 1800+, 512 Ram, Ti4200 @275/550). I'm planning on going back to the to the 30.82s, at which time I guess I'll play with the FSAA to get the display menu back. Any thoughts before I get rid of the 40.42 beta?Thanks, Steve J.

Wow, I thought it was me that was going insane... I just recently upgraded to SP1 too and couldnt for the life of me figure out what the heck was going on. I always play the game with 4Sx AA at 1024*768 32...Going to go look for the 40.01 drivers.Thansk for the heads up, I thought this Ti 4600 i just forked out money for was going ##### up.

Actually, after removing and reinstalling the 30.xx drivers from Nvidias site after upgrading to XP SP1, AA should work fine in FS2K2. Just reinstall the drivers after installing Service Pack 1.

I've started seeing some problems with the 40.41's also Steve. But only after installing SP1. I'm going to switch back to the 30.82's for a couple of days just to be sure it's a driver issue. I found the 40.41's to be about 800 points faster on 3Dmark (12,300 vs. 13,100) but I can't use them in FS2002 the way they are. If I get time I may also remove SP1 and load them again just to see what happens.Trip