Sign in to follow this  

Advice Regarding CH Yoke/Rudder

Hi all,I've been seriously considering ditching my thrustmaster throttle/joystick and going with a CH Yoke/Pedals combo. Since I've gotten so used to using a real throttle handle for so many years, I'm probably going to get a CH Throttle or similar too. Now all of these items add up to 3 USB cables which would be taking up alot of valuable ports. I've seen some discussion about connecting the yoke to the pedals. Is this accurate (ie: connecting the two so just one can be plugged in)? Anyone know if this also applies to the CH Throttle too?Also, can one of the rocker switches on the yoke be mapped to the elevator trim? I've heard that FS doesn't like that.Thanks in advance.Joe Wagner

I have both, and have no port to plug the Yoke into the pedals. It may be a new feature, since I bought mine. I have had no problems with using the rocker switches for any controls. If you want a deal on a Yoke (CH USB) email me.Paulhttp://www.advdigitalmedia.com/sig.jpg

Guest lamont

Joe,No need to worry about the USB ports. I have yoke, pedals, scanner and printer all connect via USB ports without any problems. CH is working on an airliner type throttle which should be out this year. As Paul said no problem with the rocker switches and trim either.Btw, Paul, Semper Fi. 1st Marine Air Wing, MAG-13, Chu Lai 1968-1969.

>CH is working on an airliner type throttle which >should be out this year. They just updated the release date - Q1 of 2003.Michael J.

The CH Control Device Manager included with USB products allows mapping the axis and buttons of several USB CH devices into "virtual" devices as you see fit. As an example, I map the Throttle Pro axis into the throttle slot of the Fighterstick, and the wheel on the stick becomes the prop axis.You can remap buttons as other buttons or assign buttons to emulate keystrokes including combinations.Check the version number included against their website version and if necessary download the latest.I have the peds, seperate throttle, and 568 stick set up as two devices for X-Plane which only allows two, and three but with the swaps described for FS2k2.If you go with more devices than USB slots, get an _active_ (powered) USB hub.

I recently replaced TM FLCS, TQS, & RCS with CH FighterStick, ProPedals, & ProThrottle. I mainly do combat flightsims, and I couldn't possibly be happier with this new setup. For civilian sims, the key to getting good analogue toe brakes axis, instead of just F11 F12 ON/OFF is the CH pedals velcroed to a plywood sheet and then fasten that board to something very very rigid, in my case its screwed using angle brackets to very heavy and substantial desktop legs. What an absolute joy to use those variable toebrakes, very nice feel to them !All axis movements on CH stick throttle pedals & brakes are silky smooth and precise, not at all like the mushy TM feel. The CH FighterStick has the superior CH "slot" movements instead of the TM gimbals. I'm sure the yoke must be of similar high quality, but I haven't got that :)The software allows great versatility, you create a virtual device by mouse clicks to pick and choose any controls for your new map, which you then 'save' alongside all your others, for instance yoke, airliner throttle, and pedals for civ sims, or stick throttle, pedals, for combat, etc. Mix and match!Bob Church (Himself) did the CH software. It is just about perfect IMO, although he's hard at work on a brand new version.== WHK ==