Sign in to follow this  

To Geofa - Re: GeForce 4 TI4200. Does it make sense...

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Geofa.Do you think if does it make sense to change my GF2 MX with a new GF4 TI4200? I'm affected by blurries and jerkiness.My PC is an ATHLON TB1,4 GB with 768 MB ram.Also, can you please suggest where i can buy that video card online?Thanks in advance for helpingcheersLuigi ;-)

I have it it works great!! i love my Geforce4 Ti 4200 i changed from a geforce 2 mx400 heres a good link http://www.pricewatch.com also check other sites like www.gamespot.com and http://www.guru3d.com/ for reviews, as far as the blurres and jerkness it really depends on what you have software and hardware wise fs2002 always have bluress on less you change some settings but it will still have them for fram rates if you have the money to buy this card then i would go for it if your tight on money then just wait more it really depends is it a good yes for me it is lets see what the otheres comments good luck. :D

Guest PhilC

I would like to add one more part to the question...Where is a good place, on-line or off, to buy it that has a good return policy? In case it doesn't work like my ATI 9700 didn't. I had to pay a 15% restocking fee when I returned it.

I had almost instant blurries with the geforce II and side views would sometimes take 3 seconds or so to load. The only thing I changed on my system was the card-so in my case yes it was well worth it-no more blurries, everything maxed out vs. about 75% before, and instant side views. This on an athlon 1.4 with 512 megs of ram. I can't say if you will have the same results, but it was the best upgrade I have made in a while. It only makes sense that the 128 megs on the video card will be helpful vs. the 32 that I had.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,thanks for suggestions!One more question, can you please tell me where can i buy GF4 online (i live in Italy and most US reselleres don't ship overseas but only in US) :-(Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Trip,thanks a lot for the advice.cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest PhilC

From my experience, I would say yes it's a bad idea. I just don't think it is ready for primetime yet. But it could have just been my "low-end" system.Here are my PC specs for reference:Dell Dimension PIII, 1 GHz512 Mb RDRAMATI Radeon 32 DDR videoATI Catalyst video drivers v 2.3SB Live! soundWindows XP Pro w/SP1MSFS2002 Pro

I just purchased one at a reasonable price at eVGA.com they are the manufacturer as well. I decided on the Ti 4200 64 meg and once I became a registered user on their site I paid $143.00 US which I thought was a great card at a great price. They also had some GF3 Ti 500 for $89.00 US.One ? for anyone do you need to disable FSAA when you invoke it on the NVIDIA control panel say at 4X.ThanksAndy