Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

flight plan with different cruising altitutes

Hi,does anybody know how to create a flight plan with different cruising altitutes, e. g. flying from VOR 1 to VOR 2 at 12000, than climbing and continuouing to VOR 3 at 16000. I use FSNavigator 4.51 and there is an option to manually set altitutes, but it seems not to get it working like described above.Many thanks for any suggestion, Thomas.

Guest emergency_pants

You could use manual fix waypoints along your plan in FSNav 4.51 to set your altitude points. Just right click on the world map, create a new fix and you should be able to manually edit the altitude for that fix. You can then pass a VOR 1, climb to a waypoint/fix and cross that at the correct altitude, then continue to VOR 2. You cxan then do the same for your partial descent. Kinda like setting your own TOD and BOD points, mid plan.Does anyone know if that will work if you export the plan to FS2002 IFR pln? I've never tried it but I figure that FS2002 just gives you clearance to a single altitude at takeoff and that's that. It would be good to know.Hope this helps,Simon.

Guest Dominik Mann

@ Simon...Sadly, FS will not accept more than one cruise altitude setting for IFR flight plans :-( ...same reason why you can't request clearance for different altitudes from FS's ATC while en route.