Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

POLL: Flying Non-Realistic Aircraft/Liveries?

Just wondering how people feel about this:How many of you try to keep your flight simming as realistic as possible by excluding aircraft or liveries that do not exist currently in real world operations? I see a lot of unrealistic repaints appearing which would lead me to believe that we still have a desire to keep a bit of fantasy in all of this!I am divided on the issue... I like the realism but I also am attracted to some of the unrealistic combinations out there. I still think thye former Canadian Airlines Canada Goose Tail livery is one of the best ones I have ever seen. Air Canada should have adopted it for the entire AC fleet!John-PaulToronto

To be quite honest with you I could care less about the livery of an aircraft, if its real world or made up. If the aircraft has good flight dynamics, then I will keep it in the aircraft folder.

I don't think it matters if the livery is real or not. How does the aircraft fly? That seems to be the important part. Personally, I like to repaint aircraft in a fantasy livery. After all, where I live--in Key West, Florida--it's a constant fantasy!Regards,Harry

Guest united777

Personally, I ONLY fly aircraft that are mainly freeware-posky efg etc...- either type of plane-Boeing/airbus- but it has to be United, and it CAN'T be fictional... can't stand some fictional paints."... AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"[b/]

I can see how some people would want to fly a "properly" liveried aircraft - however I am not a "real world" pilot and fly purely in a virtual world - so I am more than happy to fly "virtual" liveries (esp BFU !!)....

Guest Heather 636

I see nothing wrong with "fantasy" liveries, having painted some myself. That issue is sort of "In the Eye of the Beholder"I wouldn't mind making "Heather's Air Charter" a REAL livery if somebody wants to leave me a few million or more.And who knows, from what I've seen of some characters in the past, there might really be a "Fast Eddie's" out there somewhere. ;)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d87accb681bb0f7.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d87acab6784329c.jpgBoils down to personal preference I suppose. After all, Microsoft doesn't seem to mind (re: their default liveries).Cheers!Heather

Guest Boone

When flying heavies - I try to use real world accurate liveries, can't be helped on the Posky, PA planes.When flying bush - I couldn't care less, as long as it fly's right that's all that matters.Boone

Guest Reddog

If i have an aircraft I really like to fly and some comes out with a fantasy paint scheme, if I like it I'll add to the folder if not I won't. I Have something like 28 or 29 repaints for Mike Stones Goose some are real world some aren't and I like and fly them all!!!!http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/631785.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://comunity.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest Scott Campbell

John-Paul,It's a simulator/game. So one can expand it as desired. It adds a ton to the fun of it. If one wants it as real as possible, then that's doable as well, but one would need to change almost everything in the program. Andthere would be no flying the big iron - it's too boring. The real-world GA restrictions alone would bore the snuff out of me.I myself fly GuardRail, GuardRail Express, and GuardRail Cargo Systems. Why? My company is GuardRail Productions (video production, art and animation). In the real world I don't operate a real airline with my own personal airport and resort complex with a huge mansion on the lake with a view on Campbell Castle. In the FS world I do. I also own my own personal Horizon, GV and Corporate A320, not to mention Ferarri. In the real world I don't get to fly wherever I want whenever I want. In the FS world, I do. In the real world I don't get to sit on the patio watching my own fleet climb out of my airport over my IMAX complex and personal Starbucks in my resort complex. In the FS world, I do. In the Winter I don't get to lounge on the beach of my San Diego beach house watching my fleet fly out of Lindbergh Field. In the FS world, I do.I'm a much happier guy in the FS world. ;-)

>I'm a much happier guy in the FS world. ;-) LMAO! [/font size]:-)Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW