Sign in to follow this  

Download problems: ARIANE 737-300 Analog panel

I have recently purchased via the internet, ARIANE STUDIO's new 737-300 analog panel. Whatever I do, I cannot get this downloaded. Numerous attempts have resulted in observation. The download cuts at 15 minutes EVERY TIME. Enquiries made by myself revealed that other flightsimmers in my part of the world suffer the same problem. So I am convinced the problem is not on my side. I have hardly ever had problems downloading large files from the net using my 56k modem. This panel, incidentally, is 16 Mb in size, zipped. My earlier B737-400 purchase from ARIANE also presented download problems, and after a dozen or so attempts I finally got my 2.6 Mb zipped file of this aircraft downloaded. I cannot see why this vendor cannot offer a facility for hassle free downloads, much like Flight1 Software, where the potential buyer is given the opportunity to download the entire file first and then pay for an unlock key. ARIANE do neither...Their download does not even allow for "resumed" download procedures. I am at loss what to do next. ARIANE themeselves have not replied to my e-mails to date.What I am not prepared to do is to fork out another 5 pounds to have the software sent to me on a CD, when downloading is offered as an option. May I warn any potential buyers: Be careful when you part with your money: There is no delay in ARIANE grabbing your credit card particulars. But after that a frustrationg time awaits you when you try and download the software CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

I'm sorry I do not agree with you. I recently purchased the GMAX aircraft and it only took me 3-5mins to download and I was up and flying this plane in under 1/2 hour. My company does have a fast connection to the internet though. BUT it is clearly stated before you purchase the item that they only alot you 20 mins to download etc.On another note I don't see what the problem is about Ariane. I paid the money...which is only 10 pounds and was flying the aircraft. What is the problem in that?!!!!!

20 minutes to download basically cuts out dial-up users. I live in a rural area about 20 miles outside of Phoenix--even if this were a product I planned on purchasing, I'd be out of luck. Where I live, high speed connections are a long way away--can't even get a 56K connection. And such downloads are prohibited in my workplace.Yet Simubuild, a freeware site, supported dial-up and I downloaded 10+ MB's of Airbus with no issues. Why can't a commercial site support such connections? I won't state any opinions, other than I knew this issue would surface sooner or later, and I think it will steer some away from the purchase."....I paid the money...which is only 10 pounds and was flying the aircraft. What is the problem in that?!!!!!....."I don't see a problem with that either.... You have a right to enjoy and fly any aircraft you pay for...you're not responsible for the policies of any company. I sure as heck don't feel guilty about flying FS2002, in spite of Microsoft being the parent company. Many have issues with Microsoft. I think they put out a good product. From what I understand, most of those who have the GMAX 737 feel the same way--they like the product.-John

Guest Toni Rauch

HardyboyYou show me a 56k modem capable of downloading 16meg in 20 minutes, let alone 15...Not every potential customer's got a fast (broadband) internet connection, and Ariane must surely appreciate that.And have you SEEN the vast profits on postage and packing they'll be generating by sending cd's through the mail? It'll make their panel pretty well THE most expensive panel purchase in FS history!Now that's what I call a rip-off!!!:-( Toni.

What saddens me Toni is that all the warnings that have been posted to this forum seem to have been ignored or missed.The only perverse satisfaction is that some are being burnt, thus strengthening the warnings and hopefully warning others to be careful.

Caveat Emptor does not apply in this case, as quite simply they failed to provide the product you paid for. Just ask for your money back, and don't let them try to persuade you that you paid for the access to the download area or such like. Under English law, you paid for the product, period. If they don't supply it, they have to give you a refund.Cheers,Gosta.

I swore I would never post on this issue again, but...you're absolutely right. In spite of everything we've tried to say about Ariane for two years now the message hasn't gotten across. I think what bothers me the most is not the newbie who unknowingly gets into a bad situation but, rather, those who know the full background on this company (as well as the allegations of ownership) and buy from them in spite of it. I've seen too much of the "forgive and forget" lately. And so the scam goes on. Last post about it. I promise. For now at least...Trip

It is interesting what has been said in reply to my ist posting. Someone went as far as to say that we are edealing with a "SCAM" and also wondered if "the background of the company was known"What saddens me is that the p;roduct that I have, the GMAX 737-400 is a beautiful aircraft, well made and a joy to view. I had tremendous problems in downloading this though, and eventually managed to fit it in in the alloted time. It was on that basis that I elected to get the panel.I had alook at the company's web site again and whilst there is a reference to potentntial problems with 56 K modems, it was not stated that downloading will not be possible, or if it has, it was not prominently visible. I think that would have been the least ARIANE colud have done, that is warn the potential buyer EXPLICITLY. THat they certainly have failed to do.I think ARIANE STUDIOS is guilty of a harmful business practise. In my country there are severe penalties for such conduct.I have sent e-mails to them, but on one occasion this was met with an extremely sarcistic reply to a perfectly reasonable request for assistance, etc with the download of the GMAX aircraft. All my approaches to ARIANE about the download problems of the panel have gone unanswered. THe morality of that is lamentable. Intgerestingly, there are several flight simmers in my country who have experienced exactly the same as I have with the panel.I still want the panel because prima facie, it looks good, and from what I have heard it actually is. Judging from how ARIANE themeselves, with the deafening silence to my e-mail approaches on this issue, handle this issue, brings me to the conclusion that I will not be able to retrieve my money. ARIANE have ostensively not yet realised the fundamentals of the contractual obligations eminating from a contract of sale. Do they deserve to be in business?Just aside: During the time I have experienced download problems with the GMAX aircraft, I also downloaded the new POSKY Canadair CRJ. This aircraft is in quality absolutely on par vwith the payware ARIANE 737-400, if not better!. There is one difference though. IT IS FREE! and POSKY have done the flightsime community such a favour by making this aircraft available to all tgo enjoy. I have had enless hour of pleasures from this, whilst the Aeroflot 737-400 from ARiaine remained in the hangar!Shame on ARIANE!

Guest PhilipManwaring

You can get your money back, even if Ariane won't cooperate. Simply call your credit card company and inform them that you didn't receive the product and are contesting the charge. Include any documentation that you have re: complaints to Consumer Affairs, etc. They are normally obligated to refund your money until the vendor can prove that your claim is untrue. Put the burden back onto Ariane.

Guest Scoobe

I havent purchased the panel, but I think the panel they show on their webpage is not the new updated one they are promising to release. I may purchase it, Im not sure yet, but im definatly going to wait for the new one that was supposed to come out today, but has not been released yet.Rob

Contact Worlpay who handle the transaction, they have an obligation to refund you.As said, TWO years on, repeated warnings, locked threads, some say, forgive forget....whats changed "Bobbo" ?Disgusted.George

Hmmm something is definately wrong there. You could always try Woodlandword/edatapublishing who are the web hosts for PT/Ariane their details are on the Technical Support page of Ariane's website. Alternatively you could always phone Ariane direct (I am messaging the phone numbers across) and inform Mr Tishma of your concerns.Alternatively - if you are no longer interested in the product then I would suggest that you do as George suggested and speak to your card company !!!

I could see this coming a mile off :-rollTurn back the hands of time just two weeks, and many people were saying how they were tired of hearing the same old warnings, and that they would buy it anyway.I won't get too involved in this argument, as I have a responsibility carrying the banner below. I hope that you resolve your issues regarding this product, and if you don't get what you want, get a refund from your CC company :)http://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav2207_banner.gif